Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heated seats

Hi guys.
    Read somewhere on th form if you order leather seats tey contain heating element, which if you ask dealer will activate for you (chargeabe) and fit switch.
    When I spoke to Ciroen they tell me they have element in but for french msrket not Uk. Made no reference to dealer being able to activate.
    Question for you guys.
    1. has anyone had seat heater working.
    2.what was cost
    3. is heater in both seat and back or just seat.

thx

Gris

Mine certainly have a load of wiring under them so can only assume it is for the heaters

Comment

What we need is someone brave enough to unbolt their seats and take a closer look!
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Can't see the point of leather if not heated (apart from they look nice and easy to wipe clean) they must be freezing in the morning and late at night, or doyou guys have seat covers over them ?
        (surely not using hot water bottles) LOL

Comment

I dont really find them cold even last monday I was parked up all day in -11 and they soon warmed up

Comment

Never was a fan of leaher seats to be honest. Don't know why, maybe it's the squeaking noises..

Comment

I find the leather to be clean, good looking, comfortable and never cold.

Jimbob

Comment

It's a bit of a strange story I must say!
                So they fit the heater's in the seats but don't activate them and don't place the switches ??? :confused:

Here in Holland, if you buy the leather seats you'll allways have the heated seats!
                DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

It happens all the time, the specs change depending on what country the cars are in. Don't know why though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                    It happens all the time, the specs change depending on what country the cars are in. Don't know why though.
                    Worker Laziness !

:L

Comment

I don't have a definiitive answer for this but I would say from the various posts I have read from different forums about this that it would make sense for the factory to source the leather seats from one supplier and that they would bui;d all their seats with the heater element in to save time and costs in mistakes. It makes a lot more sense from I know about how ECU's work that Citroen would makes things that are "bolt on" so if heated seats were a required option, all they would need to do would be to plug in a switch to the loom which is already there and flick a setting in the ECU and that should be it. 30mins work and a big profit margin. Also it would mean that a dealer could fit it also post car delivery. I will be watching this post as my ordered car has leather and I would love to have the heated seats option added later.

Comment

It's not only the Frensh market which has the heated seats.
                        My dutch car also has it

Think you only need to buy the switches and ask the UK dealer to activate it with Lexia III
                        DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

It doesn't quite work like that I'm afraid, Citroen uses different looms depending on different country specs. As I said before we will need a brave soul to remove their seat and remove the leather to see if the elements are there, if so is the complete loom there as well as there will be wires running under the seat which are for the Airbags. Hopefully it will be just the case of introducing a switch and a re-program on a Lexia to instruct the car.

Comment

Might just be my imagination, but when I used the demist switch on the car during that minor cold snap we had both me and my passenger felt that the seats warmed up very quickly. Problably a false lead, but for both of us to notice and feel it?

Comment

What "minor" cold snap?

Comment

Working...
                              X