No announcement yet.

Sahara Dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, for you guys NOT washing your car yet check it over anyway - I found/noticed some bird crap on the roof of mine 'hidden' in the dust/droplets so had to rinse and clean asap.

Luckily I had put Auto Glym SRP on recently which seemed to help the cleaning process.

Comment

I washed mine today following the excellent advice from Andy in my thread in the cleaning forum, and I have to say it looks fantastic now. It was basically orange before! I made sure as much dust as possible was off before I even touched it with 2 applications of pre wash and a good hosing from the pressure washer.

Comment

I wish we had a hose that worked. Or a pressure washer
        Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
        Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Not touching mine till my pre-wash turns up- and pressure sprayer
          The mains water pressure at my place will take yer face off. Lol. So a normal hose OK for the rinse
          Many residents complain about the pressure
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by mk2k41 View Post
            I washed mine today following the excellent advice from Andy in my thread in the cleaning forum, and I have to say it looks fantastic now. It was basically orange before! I made sure as much dust as possible was off before I even touched it with 2 applications of pre wash and a good hosing from the pressure washer.
            Glad to hear someone actually listens lol😉

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
            Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
            Take a pride in your ride
            @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Who said that ?
              sigpic

Comment

So annoyed, I bought a load of products to wash my car with today. The one hour delivery window they gave me yesterday was on the only hour I wasn't at home so I told the company that I'd pick it up from the depot. Woke up very very hungover this morning (afternoon), looked up the details of the depot and they'd closed at 1pm.
                Looks like I'm staying dirty until Monday :mad:

Comment

Gutted for you pal. To rub it in even more, tomorrow looks like its a good day for car cleaning

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
                  @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

If you see anything on the news about a DPD depot being broken into it definitely wasn't me...

Comment

Doing mine now
                      ***** Clio 182 182BHP - SOLD *****
                      ***** DS3 DSport Plus 155THP - SOLD *****
                      ***** Audi S3 300BHP - KEEPING *****
                      ***** DS3 Performance Black 210THP - CANCELLED ORDER *****

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RichardL View Post
                        If you see anything on the news about a DPD depot being broken into it definitely wasn't me...
                        Hahaha
                        @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by DS3WPR View Post
                          Doing mine now
                          Nice little sneak peek there
                          @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

I was doing mine earlier and then the water pressure dropped so low that the pressure washer won't work, even just using a hose isn't giving more than a trickle.

According to the water company it will be back to normal in a few hours so I'm just going to sulk until then.
                            - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                              I was doing mine earlier and then the water pressure dropped so low that the pressure washer won't work, even just using a hose isn't giving more than a trickle.

According to the water company it will be back to normal in a few hours so I'm just going to sulk until then.
                              I would be slowly filling a watering can and using that if need be.
                              Make sure when the pressure does return you get the water flowing through the pw first before you switch it on.
                              @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
                                I would be slowly filling a watering can and using that if need be.
                                Make sure when the pressure does return you get the water flowing through the pw first before you switch it on.
                                Don't have one unfortunately. Yeah will do.

I think it's coming back to normal now but because there was a problem at the main it's not quite the right colour yet.
                                - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                                - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Working...
                                X