No announcement yet.

First UK DS3 Racing Has Been Delivered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have fitted one in my dsport. It looks the nuts. I just screwed, didn't bother drilling and it works quite nicely.

Comment

It's strange as around the forum there are people who say it fits fine and people who say it's too wide. I wonder if there are two widths of footrest inside cars? My plate is definitely wider than my footrest and would overhang on the pedal side if fitted.
      John

Comment

I Hope People Aren't Trying To Fit It Length Ways Across... XD

Then Yes It Would Overhang... :L

Comment

@ Jon, i think it depends on how high u place it up against the footrest, mine is low and so it doesnt overhang.....but if you place it higher it does overhang. I dont believe there is 2 different foot rest sizes.

Comment

Mine is fitted the same as the one in the Autocar road test. OMG what a boring bastard I am.

Comment

On the footrest - I tried it low, high, everything and it isn't even close. I'll do some pics if I get a sec.

BTW having just been out at night can I reiterate how much I hate the lights... I'm still gob-smacked xenons weren't an option (and hence fitted on the Racing). They have about half the range of my TT's xenons and both sets light up about the same height of the garage door, so it isn't like the TT's ones are adjusted higher. (Oh, and I did turn the DS3s ones up as far as they go.)

I didn't mention the gearchange. It isn't super-slick but I'm fine with it, hence no mention. If you were coming directly from a hot Civic you might be less impressed, but it's okay, really.

John

Comment

Originally posted by dr_jon View Post
                I'm still gob-smacked xenons weren't an option
                They Are An Option In Japan... =(

Comment

That didn't help!! :-(

Edit - not that I'm anything less than very happy with it, but people asked for my impressions so I'm doing warts and all...
                  Last edited by dr_jon; 07-04-2011, 20:50.

Comment

Working...
                  X