No announcement yet.

THP 150 - Engine issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about the black smoke coming from the exhaust when started up cold?

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
      Have you had it looked at yet?
      Not yet, booking it in this week, will keep you posted!

Comment

Dont know how to cut and paste SFG- this one may help

(Just in case its not a leaky front PCV connector)

Ed- Test (Cheers SFG it worked but couldnt cut, just copied) http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....e-issues/page2
        Last edited by Chris_Blue; 02-06-2014, 16:10.
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
          Dont know how to cut and paste SFG- this one may help

(Just in case its not a leaky front PCV connector)
          To cut and paste, just right click over the address line and select CUT, go your reply and right click PASTE. I think this is the issue with mine as the oil in the pipe was same colour as the stuff outside so im thinking fresh.

Comment

Hopefully an easy remedy tinkering with PCV connection, but monitor for stutters as the oil could be more than normal, and coming via another route through the engine
            Catch can, catch can......... mind you, CC will only help, not resolve

Believe they altered the PCV set up a little between the 150 and 155
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hopefully an easy remedy tinkering with PCV connection, but monitor for stutters as the oil could be more than normal, and coming via another route through the engine
              Catch can, catch can......... mind you, CC will only help, not resolve

Believe they altered the PCV set up a little between the 150 and 155
              Well that might explain why the OCC connectors I have don't look like they will fit direct onto the outlet direct.

Comment

PCV Oulet to the right of rocker cover, as per photo, is 19mm. So 19mm internal diameter pipe/connector needed
                Other end into the air intake pipe is 25mm. So internal 25mm pipe/ connector needed

As for the Can outlet sizes, depends on the can purchased, but shouldnt be less than these ideally ED: My can outlets were both 19mm

Apols if you knew this already
                Last edited by Chris_Blue; 03-06-2014, 14:09.
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

PCV Oulet to the right of rocker cover, as per photo, is 19mm. So 19mm internal diameter pipe/connector needed
                  Other end into the air intake pipe is 25mm. So internal 25mm pipe/ connector needed

As for the Can outlet sizes, depends on the can purchased, but shouldnt be less than these ideally

Apols if you knew this already
                  I got mine from the same place as Cyclone but the sizes might be different

the OD of my adaptors are 19mm and 15mm.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140602_182349823[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	356663

Comment

Hi mate I have the same connections (BSH R56 OIL CC) as you fitted to my DS3R and they have never moved when the rubber o rings are on the connectors .

Comment

Originally posted by mattds3sport View Post
                      mines done this and had a pcv pipe modification which is listed on dealers info rapid. plus i believe its the start of many problems to come as i still hav limited power and engine management issues even after the modification :| ( get it checked asap)
                      Hi,

I appreciate this is an old thread and my first post! I don't have a DS3 but do have the same engine, my car is Peugeot 207 GT.

I have the exact same issues as the OP with oil in that area, can anyone tell me what the info rapid was or what the modification was or part numbers or anything so I can do it to my own car? The oil there is quite annoying and hopefully any type of fix might be better than more expensive options like catch cans etc.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay2131 View Post
                        Hi,

I appreciate this is an old thread and my first post! I don't have a DS3 but do have the same engine, my car is Peugeot 207 GT.

I have the exact same issues as the OP with oil in that area, can anyone tell me what the info rapid was or what the modification was or part numbers or anything so I can do it to my own car? The oil there is quite annoying and hopefully any type of fix might be better than more expensive options like catch cans etc.

Thank you.
                        That was for the early model THP's and what they did was to cut the cover piece over the side PVC connection just enough to get a clamp on the hose. The system they used for a seal was just plain shitty and it was changed on latter model engines.
                        Originally posted by cyclone
                        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                        Originally posted by Broda
                        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Ah right ok that makes sense, my car is one of the earlier ones, I have been trying to get hold of a second hand cam cover with the new revision with no success and new prices are just silly so was hoping for a cheaper fix for the time being.

I may have to try and get a jubilee clip/clamp on my hose as I have the exact same problem if not slightly worse since adding an induction kit as the OP. Driving me around the bend having to clear up oil every other day.

Thank you for replying.

Comment

Your welcome.
                            Originally posted by cyclone
                            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                            Originally posted by Broda
                            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
                            X