No announcement yet.

DS3-R Engine Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've already sent Citroen Head Office a complaint letter last week (as well as the dealer in Taunton that sold it to me) - not had a response from either yet. I've also notified the finance company of the issue but again no reply.

Been reading up on the Sale of Goods Act and I understand from this that they have 3 attempts to fix the car before I can reject (due to reduce to one chance when the new Act comes in). They've had 2 chances so far - one replacing the original engine and the other over the last 3 weeks including their failed trip to Citroen for assistance.

I'm now considering sending a recorded letter to both dealers (the one who sold and the one fixing) giving them one final opportunity to repair before I reject and seek compensation.

What time frame do you guys think would be reasonable to offer for completion of the final repair? - bearing in mind they've had 6 weeks already and are none the wiser.

Comment

• If your considering the route of rejection make sure your willing to go the distance before you start!

I've also had the pleasure of owning a faulty dsport first, followed by a faulty Racing and I have rejected mine. My car was faulty from day one. Bought it in July 2012 was in the garage from the end of November 2012, rejection letters sent in January 2013, ombudsman involved in march and finally a decision made two weeks ago. It takes quite a while and you have to continue paying for the car in the meantime.

I loved the racing but I couldn't warrant paying £360 per month for a car that goes through engines faster than its own 0 - 60 time.

Comment

• If they can't repair the car (they don't even know what's causing the fault at this stage) I'd imagine rejection is my only option - as there's no way I can keep paying for a car that I can't drive, sell or return under halves and thirds.

Surely if the car is unable to be fixed they can't fight the rejection?

Comment

• May be better to crack a deal with the dealer, than go to rejection referring to what Lewis says
          6 weeks is enough in my book- unless they give you a newish DS3 courtesy. ask them?
          Think you will only get anywhere by making a nuisance
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

• Well ive got a case number now!! Response from finance company and a promise of 2 months refund of payments from citroen (a start i suppose) - also they are sending a master technician on tuesday from coventry to hopefully resolve the issue once and for all. I'm going to class this as their 3rd and final attempt under the sale of goods act and take it from there as i cant be arsed now!
            Last edited by darths3; 22-08-2013, 11:27.

Comment

• Good luck, let us know what happens
              sigpic

Comment

• Just came across this thread same situation as me what the outcome ?
                sigpicDs3 Racing

Comment

• Think they had trouble getting the engine running from what I recall
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

• I think Richy was looking for the outcome rather than a history bud.

Darth was last online a few days ago so hopefully he'll see this.
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

• hey guys sorry for the delay been busy !!!! well had the car back 4 weeks now and i can honestly say its perfect again!!! felt much faster than the original engine, no hesitation like the old one pulls very well in all gears including 6th at low speeds (got 1k back from the finance too ;-)

so any one want a cheap racing ? before i trade it in 2k on the engine 42k on the clock

Comment

• How much darths3 ?????
                        sigpicDs3 Racing

Comment

• Richy - NOOOOOOOO !!!! One Racing is more than enough
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by darths3 View Post
                            so any one want a cheap racing ? before i trade it in 2k on the engine 42k on the clock
                            Its a case of once bitten, twice shy. can understand
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

• Yeah so can I, it's a real shame though as they are beautiful cars....
                              sigpic

Comment

• I reckon the second, new build engine, should be fine
                                Only know of one on here that's had 2 engines go bang, and they were heavily modified
                                sigpic
                                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                                X