DS3-R Engine Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems about right at idle but a little low under load 15000psi=103bar
    It can peak 120bar at 2000rpm on full load and easily hold 115bar till 5000rpm and tail off to 105-108bar to redline.
    Have you tested the AF mixture, see if it leans out on you?

www.SPTuning.co.uk
    Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
    Last edited by Jamie@SPTuning; 06-08-2013, 21:39.
    White on red THP
    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Speaking of running lean has anyone given any thought about the rear pvc (not getting into all the oil vapor subject) allowing unmetered air into the intake manifold?
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
        Seems about right at idle but a little low under load 15000psi=103bar
        It can peak 120bar at 2000rpm on full load and easily hold 115bar till 5000rpm and tail off to 105-108bar to redline.
        Have you tested the AF mixture, see if it leans out on you?

www.SPTuning.co.uk
        Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
        Actually in heavy acceleration it seems to be 1.26 bar so I guess it's fine. And no leaning or knocking, only value that behaves oddly is timing... 99% sure it's the gas. For some reason it does not like ethanol anymore, maybe liver problem?
        Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
        ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
        sigpic

Comment

Did you change the compression ratio with the pistons?
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
            Did you change the compression ratio with the pistons?
            Me? No?
            Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
            ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
            sigpic

Comment

well got a call this morning (as they have done every day) saying they have no idea!!!! but they are sending a man to citroen (france) with all the data and reports ???? to see what they think, he will be back on wednesday. It's been 6 weeks now and im getting a bit pissy to say the least, I've sent complaint letters to citroen and the finance company and the dealer that sold me the car

not a happy customer !!!!

Comment

Getting a bit confused Darth- thought you were getting a new engine?
                6 weeks- no good.
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                  Getting a bit confused Darth- thought you were getting a new engine?
                  6 weeks- no good.
                  ive had a new engine 3 weeks ago !!!! its still not runnig properly:mad:

Comment

Jeeeees. Seems like the ECU and the engine are not in love at the moment
                    To say the least
                    Not surprised you are not happy
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

• the problem only happens between 50 & 70 degrees so they have to let it go cold every time to replicate the issue its still hunts and wants to cut out!!!!!!!!! this is on the new engine

Comment

• Assume they tested the engine before they put it in yours!
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                          Assume they tested the engine before they put it in yours!
                          i can only hope so !!!!!

Comment

• I've had the promised callback this afternoon - the man has returned from Citroen with no fix or further update. My car has now been marked high priority within the garage but as yet (6 weeks on) they have no idea what's causing the issue with the new engine.

My question now is: what steps (if any) can I take to begin rejecting the car as not fit for purpose?

It's been 6 weeks so far and they have no clue - I'm honestly not willing to keep paying £500 per month for a car to sit in a dealer's garage unable to be fixed for months on end.

Any ideas?

Comment

• Hi sorry to hear that it's so bad they don't know or care I think other people have just kepted on at them it's not a easy one
                              DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

• Feel for you Darth- Suggest a letter to Citroen UK Head Office in Slough
                                sigpic
                                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                                X