Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update

Hi Guys

I just thought I'd give you a little update as to where we are with the 'R'. New engine is in and drives like a dream (for how long is anyones guess eh..) Picking it up from the dealer don't go as smoothly as anticipated either as, as soon as I lifted the clutch I noticed a knock reminiscent of an engine mount on its way out. Damn, so I took it straight back and they had it on the ramps, a few minutes beard scratching later and they realised the ARB was on the wrong way around, DOH! Easy mistake to make I guess but as they're U shaped it meant the engine mount was now rebounding off the ARB as the engine rotated under load. At least it was a quick fix, only two bolts to take out and then tighten back up...

Now here comes the good/bad news. They have modified things slightly with the breather hose no longer being a push on fitting but a clipped hose instead, much to my dismay after opening the bonnet though was the carbon cover being missing off the rocker. Apparently we have to live with the fact that this is missing as they aren't making any more and we can't get the one off the old rocker. The mechanic also tells me even if we could it would need some modifying to fit (not something that bothers me, I've done worse before) I'm still sceptical it wouldn't fit anyway given how the changes are minor.

Here is a couple of images for reference for those that can discern the differences from their own unit

New Engine
    Click image for larger version

Name:	photo1_zps41f89796.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	356633

Old Rocker
    Click image for larger version

Name:	photo4_zps3514e8a0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	356634

Worse news still is the dealer has managed to crack the front splitter and with the GF already having replaced it once we know how much these cost, although the dealer has agreed to replace it...

Anyway all in all we have a new engine and have been offered a further years warranty, another years warranty for just the engine. However I'm not finished and feel that we should be entitled to some more ££'s back considering we have been telling them about the problem since late 2012...
    Last edited by SomersF1; 15-09-2014, 15:36.

Comment

had new engine in mine 2years ago , yesterday came up with engine fault ! repair needed! 3500miles engine 1 , 12,000miles engine 2

Comment

I'm sorry but what the hell regarding the carbon cover?!?! That sounds a bit weird considering they are meant to make parts for so long after the car has been finished in production....
        2012 DS3-R

If in doubt, flat out

Comment

just peel it off double sided tape simples

Comment

Best of luck with the new engine maybe now you can fully enjoy your car.

Comment

Originally posted by DS3RACING96 View Post
              just peel it off double sided tape simples
              No can do I'm afraid, the cover seemingly has some extremely strong adhesive holding it in place...

Comment

Update

The GF gets up this morning to go to work and the car won't start, in economy mode. Doesn't even tick as if it's a flat battery though, just a quick puff from the engine and then nothing. She had to walk 2 mile to my work and get my car (as I couldn't leave) and she's now chucked the keys at the dealer and told them to deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by SomersF1 View Post
                  The GF gets up this morning to go to work and the car won't start, in economy mode. Doesn't even tick as if it's a flat battery though, just a quick puff from the engine and then nothing. She had to walk 2 mile to my work and get my car (as I couldn't leave) and she's now chucked the keys at the dealer and told them to deal with it.
                  What the actual F**k??

What's the outcome you're hoping for at the end of this buddy? I'd have given up by now.

Also, which dealers is this?
                  cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                    What the actual F**k??

What's the outcome you're hoping for at the end of this buddy? I'd have given up by now.

Also, which dealers is this?
                    The dealer is Central Garage on the Isle of Wight (that's where we are based)

I'm not sure what outcome we want to be honest, we're getting to the stage where we don't want the car anymore but what they've offered in that scenario is frankly ludicrous. Up until this morning we'd have settled with the extended warranty and around double their original cash offer refund but I'm doubting even that now...

In hindsight I should have called the AA as then we'd have had an independent set of eyes on the problem before I get a call from the dealer later with some bull it was our fault :S

Comment

Just spoke to the dealer, dead battery... Not in stock, have to order and won't be here til after the bank holiday weekend. Another loan car then...

Comment

Originally posted by SomersF1 View Post
                        No can do I'm afraid, the cover seemingly has some extremely strong adhesive holding it in place...
                        trust me mate it does as my engine went bang at 3500miles and 2nd one just gone bang again

Comment

Originally posted by DS3RACING96 View Post
                          trust me mate it does as my engine went bang at 3500miles and 2nd one just gone bang again
                          Whats the latest Lee- how it getting on. New engine, or they messing with it first?
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

there busy till this tuesday

Comment

Thats not good. lets hope they sort it for free. its not like its an unknown problem
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Sorry to hear of both sets of ongoing problems, like Liam said I would have given up by now
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X