• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DS3 owners, steadfast. Most of them.
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

hay dude i feel your pain Problems with my R have been exactly the same ! just had the new engine in this week going to get her back Monday my deal has only given me a years extra warranty when the replaced the valves etc and now are only giving me 1 months payment back which im not to impressed with and i had to fight with CUK to get even that speaking to them again Monday but for the moment its been a 1L C3 -_-

Comment

I am currently waiting for my DS3R to come back from the garage after 2 weeks with them. Went in with misfiring cylinder 2, well... it limped in accompanied by the AA. They said all the ignition coils replacing. (Also the water pump needed replacing) Replaced them, they took it out and it still wasn't ok. Needs a new engine! no quibble from them, that was finished today and it developed a leak, that was repaired. They took it out again and now there is a problem with the turbocharger so now that has to be replaced. I've only had the car since March, so all of this in about 3 months. I love it but getting close to the end of my tether now. Any advise?

Comment

It will just happen again so when it's fixed, sell it.
          Last edited by cyclone; 13-06-2014, 11:25.
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Don't really want to sell it, but if it has to go then the garage will have it back and I'll get my money back.

Comment

Just thought I'd give you guys an update, 4k miles on the new engine and we've already had a head clean, cars back in again as it didn't fix the problem, was hesitating like a bitch the same day it came back (have a feeling the valve stems are clogged). Super knock was detected on all four cylinders in the codes, they've cleared them and was going to live test it as they thought it was the high pressure fuel pump (again), not heard from them in 2 days now :S

Comment

Originally posted by SomersF1 View Post
                Just thought I'd give you guys an update, 4k miles on the new engine and we've already had a head clean, cars back in again as it didn't fix the problem, was hesitating like a bitch the same day it came back (have a feeling the valve stems are clogged). Super knock was detected on all four cylinders in the codes, they've cleared them and was going to live test it as they thought it was the high pressure fuel pump (again), not heard from them in 2 days now :S

Best of luck!
                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Yeah, sorry to hear about the continuing troubles with your Racing
                  sigpic

Comment

Lemon it
                    Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
                    ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the support guys

Ragnarok - I've never heard that phrase before, I assume you mean get rid or kill it LOL

Slight update, got back in touch with Trading Standards as they looked over the case before they installed the new engine and they've spoken to the dealer. Fault codes have re-emerged on live data during test drive (I think they thought it was a driving style thing, but seeing as it happens to the GF and me it could hardly be that, especially seeing as I've tried driving it all sorts of ways and it still occurs), dealer is now awaiting instruction from CUK. I hope the message is to burn it, frankly I have had enough. Although they've given us some compo last time around the car still isn't fit for purpose...

Comment

did the give you new engine number when they put new one in? sounds like they didnt

Comment

thing is about an engine replacement, is that's all they change if the can get away with it.
                          So all the bolt on bits on the original engine, just go back on. ECU, timing gear, airflow stuff, exhaust cat, Turbo, pipework, electrical connetors, HPFP, sensors etc etc

So if the original fault happened as a consequence of some of the bolt on stuff, then they just bolted the problem stuff back on.
                          Good Luck/
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by SomersF1 View Post
                            Thanks for the support guys

Ragnarok - I've never heard that phrase before, I assume you mean get rid or kill it LOL

Slight update, got back in touch with Trading Standards as they looked over the case before they installed the new engine and they've spoken to the dealer. Fault codes have re-emerged on live data during test drive (I think they thought it was a driving style thing, but seeing as it happens to the GF and me it could hardly be that, especially seeing as I've tried driving it all sorts of ways and it still occurs), dealer is now awaiting instruction from CUK. I hope the message is to burn it, frankly I have had enough. Although they've given us some compo last time around the car still isn't fit for purpose...
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemon_(automobile)
                            Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
                            ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DS3RACING96 View Post
                              did the give you new engine number when they put new one in? sounds like they didnt
                              Yup new engine number, changed on the log book...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                                thing is about an engine replacement, is that's all they change if the can get away with it.
                                So all the bolt on bits on the original engine, just go back on. ECU, timing gear, airflow stuff, exhaust cat, Turbo, pipework, electrical connetors, HPFP, sensors etc etc

So if the original fault happened as a consequence of some of the bolt on stuff, then they just bolted the problem stuff back on.
                                Good Luck/
                                Hey Chris

This is precisely what I told them when they said they'd fit a new engine... as you say only the block was changed and everything else bolted back on. I suspect the pipework leading to the PCV is clagged up like hell along with maybe the turbo and intercooler..

Comment

Working...
                                X