Remapping a 12 plate THP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remapping a 12 plate THP

Hi, i was wondering if anyone has remapped a 12 plate or newer DS3?
    I have just got off the phone from Viezu flash remapping about getting them to come out and put the motorsport map on my THP.
    They are unsure if they can remap it because it might have "tuning protection" which stops them being able to link up to the OBD port.
    They can do it at one of their centres but this means i'll have to travel down the country which i wanted to avoid if possible.
    Sorry if this has already been posted elsewere, i did a search but couldnt find anything.

Many thanks, Andrew

Where are you located Andrew? The tuning protection they have will more than likely mean they'll need to take out the ECU and do it via connecting directly to the chip rather than over OBD.

SP Tuning might be a better shout if Bromsgrove is too far for you. The figures you'll most likely be getting are also likely to be higher if done by Jamie.

I'm sure he wouldn't turn down the challenge of being the first mapper to do a 12 plate
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

The woman on the phone said about connecting to the chip, but the closest centre to me is in Morecambe which is just under 2 hours drive for me. (I live in workington, north west cumbria).
      Is there any way of finding out if it has tuning protection?

Thanks, Andrew

Comment

Think you're gonna be a bit stuck unfortunately. Unless you can find a more local mapper your best bet is going to be a long drive
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Do the right thing and use Jamie @ SP Tuning,

You can enjoy the results on the drive back then

Comment

I think Jamie is looking like my best option right now. Seems to be plenty of positive reviews anyway lol
            Whereabouts is he based?

Thanks, Andrew

Comment

I spoke to Jamie the other day and yes you guys are correct. I have a 62 Plate THP and it will need to have the ECU removed to have the map installed. I'm still deciding whether to go ahead as it will obviously be a more intrusive method then just plugging into the port.

I am really tempted though!

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_j_s View Post
                I think Jamie is looking like my best option right now. Seems to be plenty of positive reviews anyway lol
                Whereabouts is he based?

Thanks, Andrew
                http://www.sptuning.co.uk/

Burbage, Leicestershire.
                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

after chatting to Jamie I am going to get mine done he is a really knowledgeable guy just waiting until the car has had its 40 thou service
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

Originally posted by monkeynuts View Post
                    after chatting to Jamie I am going to get mine done he is a really knowledgeable guy just waiting until the car has had its 40 thou service
                    40 Thou Monkey- what years yours then, and if its an early THP has all been good?
                    Looking at your sig, i suspect not
                    You left it awhile to get mapped- why the wait- warranty expired?
                    CBLUE
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                      40 Thou Monkey- what years yours then, and if its an early THP has all been good?
                      Looking at your sig, i suspect not
                      You left it awhile to get mapped- why the wait- warranty expired?
                      CBLUE
                      In actual fact the car has done 34 but with all the engine troubles at 16 that was when it was last serviced

I have a free next service out if Cuk for goodwill so will do that at 35
                      As for the remap was just waiting to find the right guy and get the gremlins out of the way also more people have gained experience out of the engine did not want to be a ginea pig lol
                      And I was only going to keep the thing 2 years but kind of like it.
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

This is for THP cars only.
                        Have a look at the ecu label, protected ecu's are labelled MED17.4.2.
                        Cars which can be tuned by OBD are MED17.4
                        Simples

www.SPTuning.co.uk
                        Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
                        White on red THP
                        Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Picture here of MED17.4.2 which has protected processor.

Picture here of how it's programmed.

www.SPTuning.co.uk
                          Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
                          White on red THP
                          Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

looks like an awkward job you have there
                            sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                            Third time around.
                            Work in Progress

Comment

Hey,

Please forgive me for hijacking this thread, I have a Dsport HDI 62 plate, I am aware that the ECU is "protected" and would require removing from the car, What I would like to ask is would Citroen be able to tell that the map has been installed, i.e. will they be able to tell in software, and by removing the ECU can they tell its been opened up?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X