No announcement yet.

Remapping a 12 plate THP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have kept this quiet for a few weeks but I can confirm after a lot of testing we have managed to tune 110HDi over the
    oBD plug...!!!!!!!

www.SPTuning.co.uk
    Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
    White on red THP
    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Nice work Jamie - Siemens 807a

are you reading complete data sets like the bmw m3 with tuning protection where a 2 hour read of the complete ecu data bypasses the tuning protection ?

Comment

Alright I got a reply from Viezu and Alientech. Unfortunately I have one of the rare DS3s that has tuning protection. However, there is a new big workshop that is opening up in Brisbane that I have been referred to from a person from Viezu Australia and my local guy said to as well. They are also associated with Viezu/Alien tech so my half price deal will still be honored. The big workshop (I will not disclose the name), will be able to bench tune it. Probably using a similar procedure as shown in one of Jamie's posts in a picture. They will be set up in the next couple of weeks so pretty stoked for it now.
        '11 Noir Obsidian Citroen DS3 Dstyle 120VTi w/ darkest legal tint, K&N High-flow filter, carbon side strips, deleted resonator, tech pack. SOLD!
        THE BEE '12 Sport Yellow Citroen DS3 DSport THP155 6-spd manual w/ tech pack.

Comment

Well that sucks about the protected ECU but all the hassle to go to the other place to get the remap done will definitely be worth it. You just wait for that drive back home after. That's when you will see how stoked you really are!
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Thanks for the info THE_EGG. Do you know if there is any way to tell if your car has this protection or not?

Comment

if its a diesel its protected or if its a petrol and has ecu no: 17.4.2 v good chance its protected.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_j_s View Post
                Thanks for the info THE_EGG. Do you know if there is any way to tell if your car has this protection or not?
                Send me picture of your ecu label

www.SPTuning.co.uk
                White on red THP
                Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Bit dated this post- maybe it should read 13 plate LOL
                  CBLUE
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_j_s View Post
                    I'm assuming you have a THP so in the engine bay next to the battery, you will find a narrow rectangle plastic cover. Remove that and you will find the ECU underneath. As others have said, if it is a 17.4.2 ECU then unfortunately there is a good chance it is protected. Viezu did say they have tuned 17.4.2 ECUs through the OBD port before though and my DS3 buddy at uni told me he got his done through Viezu as an OBD tune even though he has a 17.4.2 ECU. Just luck of the draw really me thinks.

But yeh if you have a 17.4 ECU (older one) then it is highly likely that it is tuneable through the OBD port. And if you have a Diesel well Jamie probably has an answer for that :cool:
                    '11 Noir Obsidian Citroen DS3 Dstyle 120VTi w/ darkest legal tint, K&N High-flow filter, carbon side strips, deleted resonator, tech pack. SOLD!
                    THE BEE '12 Sport Yellow Citroen DS3 DSport THP155 6-spd manual w/ tech pack.

Comment

Yeah i have a petrol THP and yup its the 17.4.2 ECU :/
                      Viezu put me in touch with a local dealer to arrange the remap and he mentioned that i could remove the ECU and send it away to Viezu to put the map on.
                      I'll keep you updated and thanks again for the info

Comment

I also have a 17.4.2 and tried to get it remapped back in January, my local tuner uses CMD but couldn't find the right binaries? OBD wouldn't work, ECU was removed and it seems to have protection on it unfortunately. Anyone able to give any help on this at all? Jamie? Problem being I live in Northern Ireland but any help at all would be great.

Thanks
                        Last edited by spiike; 09-04-2013, 14:36.

Comment

I really don't like the way Viezu do their remaps.....
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                            I really don't like the way Viezu do their remaps.....
                            +1

www.SPTuning.co.uk
                            White on red THP

Comment

If i go down the remap route will go to Jamie
                              Last 150 had a Vieuzu map and gotta say it did go like s++t off a shovel.
                              Didnt get what they claimed tho- do remaps ever give what they claim
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Jamie reckoned the DSport 110+ would get about 30bhp extra on Citroen spec of 110bhp as standard. So yeah Jamie's remaps appear to give you exactly what he claims and the additional torque claims appear to be also spot on Chris
                                Last edited by lfcrule1972; 14-05-2013, 06:33.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X