No announcement yet.

Remapping a 12 plate THP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The dealers cannot see the actual raw data inside the processor, but a keen technician may well notice a rise in injection quantities and boost pressure if he logs the live data from the cars sensors.
    Yes, there are always tell tale signs if an ecu has been opened up, I would notice it.

www.SPTuning.co.uk
    Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
    White on red THP
    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

I'm gonna check mine but I suspect it's the protected ecu
      sigpic

Comment

Bet Citroen love you Jamie LOL
        CBLUE
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
          I'm gonna check mine but I suspect it's the protected ecu
          Don't bother checking...all DS3 diesels have protected ecu's

www.SPTuning.co.uk
          White on red THP
          Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Forgive my ignorance but where is the ECU? Being able to have a remap might make me keep my 2011 THP and not hand it back after the Elect3 is up.
            May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
            October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
            Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Originally posted by THP View Post
              Forgive my ignorance but where is the ECU? Being able to have a remap might make me keep my 2011 THP and not hand it back after the Elect3 is up.
              Right next to the battery in most cases. Older THP's can be done via the OBD port.
              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

My June 2011 was remapped through the OBD port
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
                  Don't bother checking...all DS3 diesels have protected ecu's

www.SPTuning.co.uk
                  Cheers Jamie - I bow to your superior knowledge
                  sigpic

Comment

Just to clear this up as far as Im concerned

I have remapped the med17.4.2 via the obd port as well as the 17.4

Im sure there is tuning protection on some of the later vehicles but not sure which

I have only seen 1 Thp that did not read and write via the OBD and that was a 2011 and 1 Vti 2011

Looks like the pin out Jamie uses with CMD is different to the pin out used by Alientech which we use predominantly ( on the board we have two boot pins and a CNF)

i am tryin to find out which ecus are tuning protected and will post when I have a definate answer

Dave

Comment

Thanks I'll keep an eye out for your update
                      sigpic

Comment

OK I have checked with my records - Viezus records and asked the question from Alientech

The med17.4 and 17.4.2 are both tricore ecus so both have the potential to have anti-tuning protection

Neither myself , Viezu or alientech have seen a UK registered ds3 1.6 Thp with tuning protection from over 150 remaps ( Viezu and myself )
                        although this may happen in the future or may well be happening now but we have not seen any of these vehicles

There are 12 plate vehicles amongst the ones we have remapped

I know Jamie uses CMD and this would stop the writing of the ecu if it suspects tuning protection - I will ask CMD as well just in case they have seen it definately

The worst case scenario with a tuning protected ecu is that after the write of the mod file the car will not start - reinstalling the origional file will put everything back to normal and the ecu can then be tuned on the bench with a tri-core lead or left as stock if the customer is not happy about having this process

This is exactly the same scenario for Mini s with the same engine / ecu combination

The 1 DS3 1.6Thp that I could not do via the diagnostic port would not read - kept coming up with an error in communication - anti tune does not stop the read process - I can only assume there was a problem with a comms line to the ecu on this particular car

Hope that helps
                        Dave

Comment

Wonder if it will get to a stage where a remap is not possible on a DS3, or so expensive, people wont do it
                          Suppose the Brand new DS3 Cabriolet would be the place to find out
                          So there could well be good reason to own an older DS3
                          CBLUE
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

The latest BMWs are making things impossible for the time being - Bluetooth communication - might take a while to crack that

Comment

I'll be getting a Viezu Race/Motorsport tune on Friday and apparently even on Viezu's masterlist, the 17.4.2 can still be done through the OBD port. Maybe it's only recently been added - i don't know. Only Diesels AFAIK, cannot be tuned through the OBD port with Viezu. Same goes for the 1.4 petrol. However the 1.6 n/a petrol is now tuneable through OBD apparently.
                              '11 Noir Obsidian Citroen DS3 Dstyle 120VTi w/ darkest legal tint, K&N High-flow filter, carbon side strips, deleted resonator, tech pack. SOLD!
                              THE BEE '12 Sport Yellow Citroen DS3 DSport THP155 6-spd manual w/ tech pack.

Comment

Quick update; kinda bad news. Once the little OBD boxy thingy and laptop was plugged in, the car was recoginized and selected through the database (my12 THP155 with the 17.4.2 ECU). All details on the database MATCH my car. However, even though my car was recognized, the read file could not be transferred to the computer. We tried using different OBD devices to make sure the OBD and cables behind it were not damaged, and they weren't - all readouts (revs, boost pressure etc) worked fine. Local guy who really is super nice and knows his stuff is currently in contact with Viezu HQ (as I type this) to work out the issue. A 17.4.2 THP155 my12 has been done before by him through Viezu. Will update this once I know what is going on.
                                '11 Noir Obsidian Citroen DS3 Dstyle 120VTi w/ darkest legal tint, K&N High-flow filter, carbon side strips, deleted resonator, tech pack. SOLD!
                                THE BEE '12 Sport Yellow Citroen DS3 DSport THP155 6-spd manual w/ tech pack.

Comment

Working...
                                X