Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shiro View Post
    Everything looks normal/ OEM. Nothing to worry about :lemon:
    So you think it is normal for intercooler not to have a small fan attached? Maybe on diesel engine

Comment

• Never saw/heard the intercooler fan come on, on mine. Radiator fan, yes. Not intercooler
      Not even on engine switch off
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
        Never saw/heard the intercooler fan come on, on mine. Radiator fan, yes. Not intercooler
        Not even on engine switch off

The fan is available in the parts list...maybe someone else can confirm if the fan was installed on the THP engine? I believe the car originally has the intercooler fan and just I guess the previous owner on mine did not put the new fan after the front collision repair.
        Also I believe my intercooler is not for the THP engine but rather from a diesel as it does not have the the two rings on the top were the fan is soposed to be attached with screws and position of the two neck make hoses touching the exhaust manifold.

Bellow are the pictures I found on internet of the intercooler with fan that THP engine should have and the other picture is the intercooler like mine. Their top part is different also the position of the two necks.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0688.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	360842Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0692.jpg
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	360843

Click image for larger version

Name:	fan.jpg
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	360841

Comment

• Mine afterlift dsport 2014 thp156 had fan on stock IC.

Also interesting thing for those who want to buy Airtec- after full airtec with boost pipes, from stock 178bhp with milltek decat, bmc air filter and jcw sparks- on stock ecu, instead of power gain I got 151bhp so its about 27 bhp power loss. No boost leaks etc. Everything is done properly, now car is running 205bhp/330Nm (but does it mean that on stock IC I would get 225?) but Airtec even dont answer me back. I proved on dyno sheets power loss etc and nothing in reply from them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kamil View Post
            Mine afterlift dsport 2014 thp156 had fan on stock IC.

Also interesting thing for those who want to buy Airtec- after full airtec with boost pipes, from stock 178bhp with milltek decat, bmc air filter and jcw sparks- on stock ecu, instead of power gain I got 151bhp so its about 27 bhp power loss. No boost leaks etc. Everything is done properly, now car is running 205bhp/330Nm (but does it mean that on stock IC I would get 225?) but Airtec even dont answer me back. I proved on dyno sheets power loss etc and nothing in reply from them.
            Did you put a new map on it when you installed the Airtec?

I highly doubt that 225 bhp on a stock intercooler would last long before overheating.
            ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
            Join the Facebook Group!
            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• Map came after airtec. I wanted to prepare car properly before any remap. Power loss was on stock ecu map.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	15368715_10206116304626796_1533109433_o.png.jpg
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	360855

I dont have 151bhp run but this also shows how my airtec works.

Car setup (stock ecu all the time)

Decat milltek non res
                BMC airfilter
                100ron fuel
                GFB DV+
                Denso iridium jcw sparks
                cfs 5w40 nt millers oil

Comment

• I reckon the issue was that the stock map was not built for the increased air travel distance and therefore pressure drop of the new intercooler. Once mapped, the increased boost pressure and new fuelling data probably fixed that.

A remapped THP with no other mods makes 180-190, so I'm not sure what power gains/losses there might be if yours was still on stock. What I do know is that your intake temperatures after the intercooler would be a lot hotter.
                  ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                  Join the Facebook Group!
                  Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• That's also what I thought. Comparing the temps on the dyno- stock ic and stock map at about ambient 20C I had over 50C in intake. After remap (~1.15bar) and same ambient temp Im at about 45C. I regret I didnt do remap on stock IC.

Comment

Mine afterlift dsport 2014 thp156 had fan on stock IC.

Hello and welcome Kamil,

I will try to add my 2 cents on your question although I'm not sure I understand it very well...

About your '27 bhp powerloss', if by on stock ecu you mean stock map, then your sudden powerloss could be from ecu not being tuned, so it needs some time to adapt the fuel trims, timing and boost pressure for the new intercooler... but that's just my 'educated guess' im sure Jamie or someone more knowledgeable than me will be here soon

As for the question 'but does it mean that on stock IC I would get 225?' that is a NO! You don't just add horsepower like that! And an intercooler is NOT a 'horsepower upgrade' it just helps you maintain your higher horsepower output but keeping the Air Intake Temperature down, because when its more than 38C* ECU pulls timing and reduces power.

I dont really understand how you did the tests but with the stock intercooler and remapped my Air Intake Temperature would go as high as 78C*!

Cheers
                      Last edited by albish; 15-01-2017, 00:09.
                      DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

• Hello, thank you for answer. Yes, stock ecu= stock map
                        I understand perfectly meaning of IC upgrade, thats why I wanted to change it before any ecu mods. My considerations were about remaped car on stock IC. I didnt do it, and on the internet I've seen many cars that without IC upgrade they had about 200-210bhp and after about 220.
                        Expecting that I had little disappointment with my 205bhp.

Temps tests were on same dyno. both 4th gear etc. dyno- maha 3000lps. Stock IC temp was on stock map. Proper Airtec temps were on stage 3 map.
                        My tuner have very efficiency cooling system for car during measurement. I agree stock IC isnt best. Also against airtec is in my opinion too big pressure drop. My specimen provided over 0.1 bar boost drop without any leaks. We didnt check how it was on stock IC.

Comment

Expecting that I had little disappointment with my 205bhp.
                          205BHP with a Milltech and a Stage 3 Map is right, changing the IC will not push your BHP up as Albish has mentioned.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X