No announcement yet.

Fitted a Forge Recirculation Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I was to do it again then yes it would be easy, if you have a decent understanding of engine components it would be easier, my advice is read the instructions and google all components mentioned, also I thin the instructions are for a 155 as things where in a slightly different place in my engine.
    Also removal of pretty much all the plastic parts of the air breathing part is needed, yes oly a two minute job but the instructions should really mention it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
      Does sound good. Did Jamie not get the spring Gaz?
      Guess not, have messaged him a few times now but still no reply
      DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
      Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

No worries- I'll go and have a natter with him first half of Feb
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Just got around to checking, its the thicker yellow one I have in. Another good run to Canterbury and back yesterday including a fair bit of full throttle redlines in 2nd and 3rd and no signs of a knock or hesitation.

Comment

Should be getting delivery of uprated springs on Friday

www.SPTuning.co.uk
            Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
            White on red THP
            Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

OOh. Good. Can be at yours Thursday LOL
              And Monday :-)
              Save me one.
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
                http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/con...oduct=FMDVDS3R

First off, included are the worst set on instructions I've yet to see. Instructions should do two things, they should indicate in detail each task required, they should also follow a logical and efficient route, the Forge instruction do neither. They have been produced by somebody who has replaced these vales a number of times and then proof read by somebody else who is also familiar with the process.

Ok enough of that, well was the valve I removed worn or degraded as has been shown in other posts, short answer is NO, longer answer is it looked brand new.

Does the drive feel any different, well sort of, ive only had a chance to push it from 1st into 2nd but it seemed more responsive. Friday I need to shoot to Canterbury so will be able to test it out a little more.
                How long did it take to receive after ordering SFG?

Comment

Not sure as I ordered it and it was delivered while I was away, I think it was around 4 working days.

Comment

Well after reading SFG's post i invested in the recirc valve as well. Today was fitment day As SFG stated, the instructions that come with the valve are very poor quality so i downloaded the instructions Forge have on there page which are a 100 times better. A few steps are still missed out such as when you take the bottom of the air box out they neglect to tell you about the Torx screw that is slightly hid on the left side of the box.... other than that all is fairly straight forward but i did find it easier to take as much plastic off to start. I.E pipes and covers. So one sore back and relatively few swear words (which is good for me) later i took it out for a spin and WOW what a difference.. redlined in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and fourth with no lag at all and just all power..this is when i realised i was ever so slightly over the speed limit my view is its the best money i have spent so far.

Comment

Which valve did you go for? Silent or noisey?

www.SPTuning.co.uk
                      White on red THP
                      Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Originally posted by Gazski66 View Post
                        Well after reading SFG's post i invested in the recirc valve as well. Today was fitment day As SFG stated, the instructions that come with the valve are very poor quality so i downloaded the instructions Forge have on there page which are a 100 times better. A few steps are still missed out such as when you take the bottom of the air box out they neglect to tell you about the Torx screw that is slightly hid on the left side of the box.... other than that all is fairly straight forward but i did find it easier to take as much plastic off to start. I.E pipes and covers. So one sore back and relatively few swear words (which is good for me) later i took it out for a spin and WOW what a difference.. redlined in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and fourth with no lag at all and just all power..this is when i realised i was ever so slightly over the speed limit my view is its the best money i have spent so far.
                        Bang on Gaz, the instructions should just say to remove all plastic. Yes that Torx screw was a pain and very difficult to see.

Comment

You still got your "G" valve Gaz?
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
                            Which valve did you go for? Silent or noisey?

www.SPTuning.co.uk
                            Silent Jamie, not into noise that much

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                              You still got your "G" valve Gaz?
                              Yes mate

Comment

Always check the operation of these valves before fitting, I've had one or two where the piston sticks occasionally.

www.SPTuning.co.uk
                                White on red THP

Comment

Working...
                                X