Lpfp failure question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
    Good one. Dont see "Rock solid" used as a reference in a thread to a THP 150 that often LOL
    Good luck- hope it gets sorted
    Mine has been, only two occasions in nearly four years have I had to take it to he dealer. Once was the blue tooth unit failing to connect the mic to my phone, the other was an oil leak from near the drive shaft, both fixed under warranty. Other things have been done but were carried out as pre-emptive measures, exhaust anchor points being one.

Comment

Well, some people on here find it hard to believe mine (Touching lots wood) hasnt had any reason to take it back to dealers as yet
      Brake discs warped (So Kwikfit told me afer 6k miles) but werent a warranty issue, and a noise i didnt like that went with an oil change (First service) 4 month ago.

Just hope my luck holds- but hey- if it dont, will deal with it.

This winter wil tell i reckon. THPs and Racing dont like cold winter mornings... in my experience. need to be treated delicately.

And i even know couple THP 150 owners that have had no major issues either. But again- some will suggest i am being economical with the truth. LOL. Who cares, speak as i find, me.
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

I know plenty of people with >£50k cars who have had a lot of issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
          I know plenty of people with >£50k cars who have had a lot of issues.
          Quite true SFG - if the webs anything to go by

I actually dont know anyone wtih a 50k+ car.... not that well anyway
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Just about every single bloke/divorcee in my line of work. Well they do until they realise how much value they lose for a car they can only drive for 90 days a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
              Just about every single bloke/divorcee in my line of work. Well they do until they realise how much value they lose for a car they can only drive for 90 days a year.
              One of the reasons I bought the DS3 when I did
              Will also never ever buy a Merc again after a bad AMG ownership experience
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

LPFP rarely fails, HPFP more often on THPs. I replaced mine. Bought one from ebay UK for ~100e and spent half an hour replacing it.
                Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
                ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X