Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big mistake on ds3's oil sump It can and will eventually ruin your turbo.. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would this be as much as an issue for a 1.2 doing about 4k per year?
    There are only three kinds of people in this world... Those who can count, and those who can't...

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
      Only problem I can see is that carbon sediment may settle there over time.
      This is exactly what happens.. Here in Denmark the price for a aftermarket one is about 700 dkk..
      That is 74 Gbp

Just try to take som lumpy oil and some normal oil.. ? The new normal oil WILL sit on top most of it, some of it will mix but trust me this can be an
      issue atm it have cost 4 turbos in our Citroën dealership, and Citroën is not willing to recall anything..

This i borrowed from another Citroën forum we have in Denmark his turbo blew up and he checked his oil sump this is

Click image for larger version

Name:	C__Billeder_7C_93248_118_1839o.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	356826
      Last edited by supernielsen; 24-07-2014, 08:03.
      Skilled Citroen Mechanic

Have diagnostic Lexia/Diagbox Tool

Comment

Wow never seen anything like that before
        DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
        Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

That is a different oil pan from the original pics posted.
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Yep that is a different pan but same problem just another Citroën the ds3 isnt different.. I works With These cars everyday.. I Will take pictures when i change My own next week..
            Skilled Citroen Mechanic

Have diagnostic Lexia/Diagbox Tool

Comment

surely the pressurised oil feed to the turbo, and everything else for that matter, is supplied via the oil filter which takes out particles above 10 microns or so?

If that ever became blocked then you would get a low oil pressure warning on the dash no?
              Last edited by Owd git; 24-07-2014, 12:31.
              Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Changed my oil this morning, the sump drain plug is about as low as it can get on mine, cant see how it would not drain fully (or close to it). Like I say, ive changed my oil and filter every 5000 since the car was new, id be amazed if there was any significant sludge in mine.

Comment

I know VAG had longer service schedules once think it was 20k per oil change. One of the tuners in England stripped down a GTI engine to find the big ends shot to pieces due to oil oil viscosity breaking down well before 20k. Personally I'd be changing oil at a max of 10k
                  Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

100% agree about the service interval maybe even less and now that I think about it have never seen a garage around here use the plug to drain the oil they all suck it out.
                    Originally posted by cyclone
                    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                    Originally posted by Broda
                    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

My independent peugeout /citroen service centre told me to change the oil every 6000 miles and said it will help to stop the turbo failing but it would be a case of prolonging a fail not stopping a fail He had changed more turbos than he could remember
                      http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
                      2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
                      DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Sure that frequent oil changes are a must- mainly for the THPs which may run at higher temperatures
                        Was of same opinion as Owd Git as it happens. Surely the sludge would stay where it is, and the oil filter would sort out the main issues, filtration wise
                        If my sump is same design as shown will swap mine out in time.... cos it makes common sense surely?
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

How easy it is to change oil? Mine won't have been done since last service in May last year...
                          May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                          October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                          Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Originally posted by THP View Post
                            How easy it is to change oil? Mine won't have been done since last service in May last year...
                            Its easy the 2nd time you do it. The first time you will spend an hour trying to find the filter and another hour taking off every piece of ducting under the bonnet only to realise you only needed to remove one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Gazski66 View Post
                              Wow never seen anything like that before
                              You should check the sumps in the HDI's. They're much worse for sludging up.
                              White on red THP
                              Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

THP; May last year- its due for a service then? No? Or you have to do 20k?
                                Its every year OR 20k for THP 155

Gonna do mine before winter, remove sump plug, drain oil, remove and replace filter and fill with oil
                                Tricky bit is getting the sump plug off, and the oil filter is awkward, but removing part of the air intake helps i believe
                                Cant be that hard surely?
                                Hope not
                                Last edited by Chris_Blue; 24-07-2014, 20:24. Reason: THP
                                sigpic
                                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                                X