Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big mistake on ds3's oil sump It can and will eventually ruin your turbo.. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
    May last year- its due for a service then? No? Or you have to do 20k?
    Its every year OR 20k for THP 155S

Gonna do mine before winter, remove sump plug, drain oil, remove and replace filter and fill with oil
    Tricky bit is getting the sump plug off, and the oil filter is awkward, but removing part of the air intake helps i believe
    Cant be that hard surely?
    Hope not
    Il post some pics tomorrow, easy guide.

@ Jamie, you back from Hols, and more importantly is the blaster ready to go?

Comment

Im sorry i have not answered but if you get to and honest Citroën workshop you will get a real answer, the carbon sediments can be very small but they WILL not lubricate your turbo but will pass the oil filter..

I just wanted to show you guys this as i have changed more turbos that i can remember on other models, and when i saw that this were a problem on the ds3 aswell i was shocked.. !

I will change mine today, i will make a complete 60,000 kilometers service today, and if someone want pictures i can take them so everybody can see where the things is..

I WILL also take pictures of the original oil pan and the aftermarket one, i got the aftermarket one today and i want to show you the difference..
      Skilled Citroen Mechanic

Have diagnostic Lexia/Diagbox Tool

Comment

Originally posted by supernielsen View Post
        Im sorry i have not answered but if you get to and honest Citroën workshop you will get a real answer, the carbon sediments can be very small but they WILL not lubricate your turbo but will pass the oil filter..

I just wanted to show you guys this as i have changed more turbos that i can remember on other models, and when i saw that this were a problem on the ds3 aswell i was shocked.. !

I will change mine today, i will make a complete 60,000 kilometers service today, and if someone want pictures i can take them so everybody can see where the things is..

I WILL also take pictures of the original oil pan and the aftermarket one, i got the aftermarket one today and i want to show you the difference..
        Pictures would be great thanks Nielsen
        DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
        Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Great, i will take a picture of all the things im changing this time unfortunately my brakes are fine so i wont be taking any pictures of those, but next time maybe..

My calibers needs to be painted again so i can make a change brakes guide aswell
          Skilled Citroen Mechanic

Comment

Guides are gratefully accepted by all mate
            DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
            Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

This is really helpful Nielsen- Thank you
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Im sorry to you guys who is expecting picture i will make this service on monday instead, i couldn't use the shop today because of open house..

So i will do this monday and post some pictures, however if you guys want me to i can take some pictures of my new aftermarket oil pan ?
                Skilled Citroen Mechanic

Comment

So i will do this monday and post some pictures, however if you guys want me to i can take some pictures of my new aftermarket oil pan ?
                  I'm game
                  cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I had a quick look at THP/Racing/VTi on Citroen Backup....all have the same part number for the sump. 0301N9
                    Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

if you guys want me to i can take some pictures of my new aftermarket oil pan ?
                      That would be great!
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi Guys here are some pictures of the New oil pan fantastic i am satisfied..
                        http://i61.tinypic.com/4qgec8.jpg
                        http://i59.tinypic.com/t7mphy.jpg
                        Skilled Citroen Mechanic

Comment

That looks the ticket Supernielsen- hope they do the same in UK
                          Will need a new gasket too- but you know that
                          Hope sump plug fits ok
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Great, i will take a picture of all the things im changing this time unfortunately my brakes are fine so i wont be taking any pictures of those, but next time maybe..

My calibers needs to be painted again so i can make a change brakes guide aswell
                            I think you mean FORTUNATELY you do not have to do the brakes. Save those krone.
                            Originally posted by cyclone
                            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                            Originally posted by Broda
                            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

When i bought the oil pan screw and gasket came With it..

And No i meant unfortunately because i wont be taking pictures on how to take it a part.. :
                              Skilled Citroen Mechanic

Comment

But if you look here on monday i will have pictures of the old oil pan aswell
                                Skilled Citroen Mechanic

Comment

Working...
                                X