Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big mistake on ds3's oil sump It can and will eventually ruin your turbo.. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has yours got the recessed sump plug Gaz ?
    Had mine up on the trolley jack today- forgot to have a look.
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Next time I drain the oil I think I'll poke the camera up the sump bung hole and have a gander...
      Might be able to syringe any left over oil out.
      White on red THP
      Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Must be some type of oil sump flush fluid that will break it down
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
          Try euro car parts...
          Good shout, they have one for a 2010 but need to get more info on it. Thanks Jamie
          DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
          Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Big mistake on ds3's oil sump It can and will eventually ruin your turbo..

Euro car parts do one for my 2011hdi

Home > Car Parts > Engine Parts > Engine Parts > Sump Pans & Plugs
            Aftermarket Engine SumpPart No.: 332735080 List Price £113.54
            Was £61.38
            Now £43.14 Save 30%
            http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
            2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
            DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
              Has yours got the recessed sump plug Gaz ?
              Had mine up on the trolley jack today- forgot to have a look.
              Haven't had a look yet Chris, best i do me thinks lol

Comment

Originally posted by mark.a-ds3 View Post
                Euro car parts do one for my 2011hdi

Home > Car Parts > Engine Parts > Engine Parts > Sump Pans & Plugs
                Aftermarket Engine SumpPart No.: 332735080 List Price £113.54
                Was £61.38
                Now £43.14 Save 30%
                Need someone to buy one to see if its recessed or not- or go the the supplier and get a photo of it
                Then see what other models it fits
                Decent price
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                  Need someone to buy one to see if its recessed or not- or go the the supplier and get a photo of it
                  Then see what other models it fits
                  Decent price
                  I have e-mailed euro car parts asking for more info, will post if i get anything back

Comment

Originally posted by Gazski66 View Post
                    I have e-mailed euro car parts asking for more info, will post if i get anything back
                    Good one Gaz- then group buy eh?
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Nice you found out where you can get it.. It should be the same for All ds3 from the Start to the facelift model in 2015..

Besides that yes you can suck the oil out, and yes there is product called oil cleaner in Denmark you put it in your engine let it work for half and hour With the car on turn of the car and take the oil of it cleans everything..
                      Skilled Citroen Mechanic

Have diagnostic Lexia/Diagbox Tool

Comment

When I was a Young Git there was a product called ’flushing oil’ which was supposed to clean out your engine prior to putting in new oil. It was just a thin oil which you put in and ran for 15 minutes, and then drained it off and chucked it away.

This was in the pre turbo days so there were no very hot components fed by the pressurised oil circulation system. Even so there was an opinion that it might result in bearing damage if left in for too long, and I never used it.

As I understand it turbos become very hot, very quickly and rely on a good supply of the correct oil to conduct heat away from the shaft and bearings. I will therefore not be circulating any flushing product in my engine!

Again, back in the day, we were advised to let turbo engines tick over for a while after a hot run to allow the turbo to cool sufficiently so that the oil did not carbonise on the shaft and bearings.

That advice no longer seems to apply, and that’s because the THP has an electric water pump which supplies the turbo after the engine is stopped
                        ‘To prevent excessive build-up of heat in the oil- and water-cooled turbocharger after the engine has been stopped, an additional electrical water pump starts automatically as soon as the car comes to a standstill, dissipating any excess thermal energy from the system’.

I can see that a failure of that system could result in turbo bearing damage, but providing that the engine oil and filter are changed at least as often as the manufacturer states, I can see no point in going to the trouble of changing the oil pan.

As always - just my opinion!
                        Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Mine packed in a while back, no fault on dash though logged into ECU. Car was in getting looked at when dealer found the pump was showing an error. Replaced under warranty. Best check the turbo coolant pump from time to time.

Run car up to normal operating temp, turn off engine remove keys. Goto front of car and listen through the grill for the pump running.
                          Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Take your point(s) Owd Git, but best to check the sump pan out when doing an oil change- i mean whats there to loose? all to gain if it prevents problems
                            A flush is a good idea, but that wouldnt clear the heavy muck at the bottom would it?

Not sure how many bolts on the sump, but it cant be that bad
                            Had a BMW 3.20 a while back, and you couldnt get the sump pan out without dropping the axle
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Sump is theoretically easy to take off, but the RTV sealant that's used to bond it can be tough to split. I've seen sumps completely wrecked after removal.
                              White on red THP
                              Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

May leave well alone then, or ask Citroen to put an aftermarket one on LOL
                                sigpic
                                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                                X