X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that what i am hoping for Chris but can see it being a fight to get it lol

Comment

Originally posted by shifta View Post
      that what i am hoping for Chris but can see it being a fight to get it lol
      Shifta, did you take out finance with Citroen?
      Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

yeah chum.

Comment

Might be worth talking to them too as they own the car. You can tell them all your experiences with the DS3 and what you intend to do. Tell them the car is not fit for purpose and user experience is not what you expect from a new car.
          Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

i sent them an email on Thursday saying that i was rejecting the car this was the main reason on the email i sent...

The investigation that they have carried out, which has taken 3 days, hasn't been able to provide a cause to the fault. They have now stated that the engine is to be taken apart to be cleaned which MIGHT solve the issue. The part required for this is currently on back order and the dealership is unable to provide me a timescale. This means I am currently driving a car that isn't performing as it should be.
            I am very disappointed with this. The car has only recorded 3500 miles and is just over 6 months old. For a new car I find this unacceptable and I have lost faith with the car. I had asked the dealership if after the work was carried out would this be a permanent fix, they replied “we haven't been made aware of any cars returned after recommend work was carried out”. To me this was not a yes but a maybe, which again does not help with the worry of future reliability.
            I have been made aware that the current engine the THP156, which is fitted in my car, will stop being produced by Citroen and will be replaced with a new engine.

..... i think that i have a viable reason to reject and am not just taking the hand out it.

Comment

does any one think i have a good case ?????

edit: meant to add that neither the dealer the finance company will comment on how much i could get if i go for the refund

Comment

Have a read here http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/

Comment

Had spotted that before Joe Cheers. did make some refs to it when i was writing my rejection letter

Comment

Bit of an update have to speak to the dealer about a like for like car or a new car that cuk will pay the difference if it not to bad they have accepted there is a problem with the engine. so look's like i will be on to my 3rd ds3

Comment

Working...
                    X