Engine noise coming from central dash speaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine noise coming from central dash speaker

Over the last few weeks this has happened quite a few times. The speaker in the centre of the dash has started randomly giving off a sort of whining noise that rises in pitch with engine revs. As I accelerate, it'll get higher. It's not constant and happens completely randomly; usually switching the engine off and back on stops it.

Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue and might know what it is cos it's REALLY irritating. I've not taken it to the dealer yet cos I've not had any time off work.

Any ideas?
    May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
    October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
    Instagram @adamds3

Is your head unit source the aux jack?

Comment

Sounds like a faulty suppressor in the stereo to me. I think you dealer needs to look at this as part of the warranty
      sigpic

Comment

Had a intermittent noise from my speakers, then noticed that when I left the Aux cable plugged into the car but not hooked up to anything the free end would touch something and make noise from the speakers, even when listening to the radio. Drove me nuts for a while.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I've not got anything plugged in, only play music through Bluetooth. It did it all the way home tonight...irritating as arse!
          Might have to give the dealer a ring but I'm not sure when I'll h e enough time.
          Instagram @adamds3

Comment

I forgot to mention that the noise happens even when I'm not playing music and the speakers are off. :-/
            Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Could it be your engine..? That is typically located just in front of your central speaker..
              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Fish, you're a very, very naughty boy!

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                  Fish, you're a very, very naughty boy!
                  No, just extremely sarcastic

In all seriousness though Chief, take it to the dealers show them the problem and then ask them to fix it. I don't think any of us have encountered similar problems in the past.
                  cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Sounds exactly the same problem I've had for about 12 months now.. My centre speaker is currently switched off and if I'm honest I can't really tell the difference with it off anyway but I'm determined to get it fixed. Mine started after the car went in for the rattling dash fix which as far as I can tell was just a load of sponge shoved between the front of the dash and the windscreen. Whether they've nudged some cables during this or it's just a coincidence I'm not sure.. Every time I ring them I get told the engineers in France are still "investigating it"?? Mines going in for a service soon so I'm gonna get them to reconnect the centre speaker to see if its still affected. If you get any joy getting yours fixed I'd appreciate it if you could update this thread so I can let my cowboy dealer know how to fix it...
                    Cheers, Si...

Comment

ive had the same problem and when my car went in for exhaust repairs about 2 months ago i mentioned it but they couldn't hear it. when my husband went to pick up the car the dealership said that it had come back as a common problem on ds3's and they were looking into it. seems to have got worse in the last week so rang the dealership this morning and they said they are aware of it and that he was speaking to the diagnostic technician and ringing me back to update. it's definitely worth going back to the dealers. will update when (or if!) they ring me back!
                      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by leanne0720 View Post
                        ive had the same problem and when my car went in for exhaust repairs about 2 months ago i mentioned it but they couldn't hear it. when my husband went to pick up the car the dealership said that it had come back as a common problem on ds3's and they were looking into it. seems to have got worse in the last week so rang the dealership this morning and they said they are aware of it and that he was speaking to the diagnostic technician and ringing me back to update. it's definitely worth going back to the dealers. will update when (or if!) they ring me back!
                        Thanks
                        This is the first we've heard of it I think? =/
                        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by leanne0720 View Post
                          they said they are aware of it and that he was speaking to the diagnostic technician and ringing me back to update. it's definitely worth going back to the dealers. will update when (or if!) they ring me back!
                          Thanks
                          That's a classic fob off line. So stay on top of it, because chances are they won't get back to you and you will have to call them.
                          Originally posted by cyclone
                          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                          Originally posted by Broda
                          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Would agree with A007 that this sounds like a faulty suppressor, not sure if that's built into the radio or if it's a separate unit. Quick test would be to pop the radio out and see if the noise continues or not.
                            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                            Bigfeet's File Repository
                            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                              Would agree with A007
                              Ive met AJ a few times and he is a very nice chap- but 007 he aint
                              CBLUE
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X