• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
    Ive met AJ a few times and he is a very nice chap- but 007 he aint
    CBLUE
    Lol! Keyboard moment as JB would say
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

No reply from the dealership so I emailed citroen head office who were quick off the mark to reply. they have spoken to my dealership and arranged for a temporary repair of disconnecting the central speaker for the time being. this is all well and good, however how long is temporary going to be! i replied to citroen asking this question and stating that i wasn't the only ds3 owner with this problem and that I would expect them to be further investigating it for a permanent solution. I won't be letting this lie!!!

Comment

I've had same problem for ages I think they have sorted it out on mine I haven't heard it for a couple of weeks anyway. You need the earth wire replacing that goes to the head unit. Citroen technical are aware of the fault and used my car as a test car, apparently. Evans halshaw hull repaired mine so ask your dealers to contact them if they have any questions.

Comment

This used to happen a lot on older cars with points and condensers, as above if the noise rises and falls with the engine then its definitely a suppressor thats faulty. They were often fitted to the distributor to stop the electrical interference going through the speakers

Comment

Carburretor

Remember when I used to put my foot down in a 1600 GT Capri, used to hear the engine revs through the speakers.
            Was like listening to an electric guitar going up and down through the cords (Surpressor knackered)
            Got even worse when the windsceen wipers turned on- LOL
            So turned the radio off, took the air filter off, and just used to listen to the Weber twin choke Carburettor instead- Luvly
            CBLUE
            Last edited by Chris_Blue; 16-11-2012, 05:51. Reason: spell- 2 Ts 1r
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

showing your age guys!
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                showing your age guys!
                Had problems with my side valve ford...............................

Jimbob

Comment

I completely forgot about this thread. The problem hasn't happened since I posted last so I'm just hoping it's sorted itself out because I can't be arsed with another 6 months of it.
                  May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                  October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                  Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Just been in for my service and was told Citroen France are aware of it but even when I mentioned nicksharp400's fix from Evans Halshaw in Hull they said they can't touch it until the techies advise them of a fix. Does anyone know if there's an info rapid I can quote to them as I get the feeling they're just fobbing me off now. I even took a print off of this thread with me and they still said there's nowt they can do.

Comment

I was definetly told that Citroen technical were aware of this fault. It did take me 4 visits and the threat of leaving the car permanently with them until its fixed, before it was sorted. The problem is the fault is so intermittent when you take the car in it never makes the noise. The best thing I did was to record the noise on my phone every time it did it. Then they cannot fob you off. Take your car back and ask them to contact there technical department. If you can ,get a loan car and tell them you are not collecting the car until its fixed. Watch them fix it when you have one of there cars!p.s mine has not made the noise since the repair. I still get a crack from the speaker when I first start the car but I'm not going to worry about that

Comment

Spoke too soon noise is back Citroen technical advised see what they come up with now!

Comment

hi nick can i ask how old the car is also can i assume you have rang citroen uk hQ and made a complaint if so qoute the case number to the dealership also get the dealership to ring cit uk while you are in front of them
                          how ever it turns out mate good luck with it but start making a fuss cos if you dont they will give you the runaround trust me i had it with my c6 for 3yrs
                          have sold the racing but ive still got the ultra prestige

Comment

I also have this really irritating noise & it's intermittent so whenever I take it to the dealer they can never hear it! Anyone got any updates on this? It starts off as a sort of click when starting the engine then rises & falls with the revs....VERY annoying!
                            Last edited by DS3orla; 22-02-2013, 20:18.

Comment

Hi yeah it's still definetly making the noise I have the click when starting all the time but as of the earth repair it has made the noise twice for approx 5 seconds each so whatever they have done seems to have affected the frequency of the problem. Citroen have asked me to take out my hids to confirm its not that, but as the noise has all but disappeared I'm going to find it difficult to prove its not them. Although I already no it's not them as I have checked before. So unfortunately I no my car is still faulty, but it is now making the noise so rarely I can't prove it. And I'm not driving round without hids in this weather. So wil have to wait till it decides to make the noise more often I'm afraid till I take it back again.

Comment

I've had a 'wiring harness' fitted in the boot (apparently that's where the sub-woofer speaker sits) which apparently will potentially cure the noise but it may come back according to the dealer, so I have to monitor it! Apparently this is a known fault as when the dealership looked on the Citroen intranet it showed up.

Comment

Working...
                                X