No announcement yet.

Engine noise coming from central dash speaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi DS3Orla nice pic. start your own thread and introduce yourself. We don't bite, lol.

Comment

i rang my local dealership and told them that the fault had reappeared even though i have taken the hid's out. there response was we need to hear it again. told them i had a sound recording of the noise, but they said they still need to hear it again, and that the service manager would ring me back. he never rang. so rather than lose my temper on the phone i walked into my dealership and told my salesman your service department are a bunch of idiots, and as a consequence my parents have now bought a ford cmax instead of the c4 picasso and ive traded the ds3 in and bought myself a shiny new 1 series msport. totally fed up of citroen's lack of interest in the matter. its obviously a very common fault and they seem to be doing very little about it. i even offered them my car for as long as it took but they refused and said their service loan cars are only for daily use. so as a citroen customer for 9 years with the same dealership, ive had enough. i work for a far superior brand and we aim to keep customers 100% happy no matter what it takes. no matter what the price of the car i expect a better customer experience when there is a fault with my car, than what citroen offer. even ringing citroen uk was a bad experience when i rang them when i first picked the car up for unrelated issues. so citroen if you do read these comments, the ds3 is a very nice car and a massive improvement on previous models, but you let yourself down with your customer facing staff and apparent lack of interest in fault finding. but as a customer who is paying a large amount of money on a monthly basis to own a car i need to be looked after much better. so goodbye fellow ds3'ers and hello bmw.

Comment

Sorry to hear that you are still having this issue

I think I'm lucky in that my dealers have been really good so far, arranged for my head unit to be replaced due to freezing when calls ended and with no fuss either. Hope you have better luck with your BMW
        sigpic

Comment

any solution to this problem so far????
          i have the same 3 years, and the NOISE is appearing more often when the weather is hot(20C+,)...
          1 year ago, i told the problem to the service and they had no idea, and they did not do anything... after that, i didn' t mentioned again to them, and the only thing i m doing, is to observe when this annoying NOISE appeared and how much time is lasting....

Comment

this is the annoying engine noise that i m hearing from the central speaker....
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkB4PlCEBY

replace the earth wire from radio or the earth wires from the subwoofer.....???? i don't know.....

Comment

Mine did exactly the same until they disconnected the center speaker. It's been disconnected for about 2 years now. Every time I call Citroen about it they say "it's a known faulty and Citroen technical in France are still looking into it"
              Classic fob off if you ask me....

Comment

After 2 years they have finished FOBing you off and are just not going to do anything to fix this.
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Yeah I think you'll need to start complaining to CUK so they know you won't accept it
                  sigpic

Comment

Might be to late after two years but I would definitely be calling a couple times a week
                    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

today, they called me back, and they said that citreon fixed this problem(noise) by placing another extra wire, behind, on the subwoofer....
                      60€ told me for the wire and the work...!!!! Is it true???? has anyone knew about this(i believe that it is an inforapid)....
                      Last edited by filippos83; 25-10-2013, 10:46.

Comment

Only just seen this thread. I had this intermittant engine speed related whining from the central speaker some while ago and spoke to our consultant technician (I work at a Citroen dealer). He checked Citroen's info rapids and there is a listed fix involving putting another section of wiring loom in behind the sub-woofer and have had no problems since it was done.

Comment

Originally posted by DS3X2 View Post
                          Only just seen this thread. I had this intermittant engine speed related whining from the central speaker some while ago and spoke to our consultant technician (I work at a Citroen dealer). He checked Citroen's info rapids and there is a listed fix involving putting another section of wiring loom in behind the sub-woofer and have had no problems since it was done.
                          His, just to say that I had this problem and this is true. The problem is the cable that goes to the column.
                          I went to citroen and they imediately ordered a new cable and fixed the problem.

Comment

Good to know there is a fix for this - thanks to all who posted the updates
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DJ_PAPA View Post
                              His, just to say that I had this problem and this is true. The problem is the cable that goes to the column.
                              I went to citroen and they imediately ordered a new cable and fixed the problem.
                              Extra cable that goes behind to the sub-woofer??? Because this is the answer they told me.... And i will pay 60€ for that!!!!
                              Did you paid for this problem too????

Comment

Fault and fix from #23 - here
                                My DS3R3... nearly....
                                New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
                                X