Annoying rattle...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    I had that. It was fixed under warranty - I think they fitted modified retaining clips.
    any more info on this dave ? its finally gotten to me and want to get it sorted before 3 years is up. dont wanna walk into dealership and say its got a rattle lol, any info will help just to help them locate it.

Comment

Originally posted by mattds3sport View Post
      any more info on this dave ? its finally gotten to me and want to get it sorted before 3 years is up. dont wanna walk into dealership and say its got a rattle lol, any info will help just to help them locate it.
      On mine the rattle was coming from the front of the side trim panel (the speaker panel) on the passenger side. Pulling it firmly into place would stop the rattle for a few days, but it would come back again; since the dealer fixed it it hasn't reoccurred.

Comment

Fitted some new air horns last week- bet you cant wait to hear them
        Thing is, dropped a nut on the LHS of the engine bay, just up from the dipstick (Didn't arrive at the tarmac)
        Now theres a rattle like a bit of metal in a washing machine when driving
        Any idea where the nut could av got to, to make the noise?
        (Didn't fancy starting a new thread for an idiots mistake) LOL
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

You do realize that are moving parts down there, accessory belt, AC, Alternator. Hope its not damaging anything.
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Bleu View Post
            Fitted some new air horns last week- bet you cant wait to hear them
            Thing is, dropped a nut on the LHS of the engine bay, just up from the dipstick (Didn't arrive at the tarmac)
            Now theres a rattle like a bit of metal in a washing machine when driving
            Any idea where the nut could av got to, to make the noise?
            (Didn't fancy starting a new thread for an idiots mistake) LOL
            http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30-Large-M...item53f981a6ad

everyone who tinkers in tight engine spaces should NEVER be without 1 of these
            i was working on a smart roadster engine (700cc) and a bolt droped down in the timing chain section while rebuilding it and i was VERRRY happy i had this little doozy
            saved me stripping timing cassing off phew

BTW it was lodged where i couldnt see it but the magnet got it
            http://www.ds3club.co.uk/attachment....4&d=1420569803
            :rolleyes: Too Good For Heaven & Too Bad For Hell :mad:

sigpic

Comment

May well get one of those Steve

My worry for the rattle was a stray bolt- but we think weve spotted that on a ledge down low

Rattle seems to be coming from the tyres- a clicking/tapping sound. Reckon it will be a simple answer. Probably something come loose and touching the wheel
              Otherwise- dunno
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post

Those panels take less than a couple of minutes to get into. Have you not thought about having a quick look yourself?
                Hi, first time posting but my DS3 has developed a rattle from the seat belt panel next to my shoulder and it's bloody annoying. Before I give it a go could I ask how you remove these panels? Are they just clipped on?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by duxster

Hi, first time posting but my DS3 has developed a rattle from the seat belt panel next to my shoulder and it's bloody annoying. Before I give it a go could I ask how you remove these panels? Are they just clipped on?

Thanks
                  I’ve not taken that specific panel off but most of the trim panels are just clipped on, some need a bit of effort but a trim removal kit will help (look on Amazon or eBay).
                  - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                  - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Working...
                  X