DS3 Racing engine issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ragnarok View Post
    Yes, I noticed less hesitation in hard acceleration. I am running E85 (~106RON).
    106 Ron! That basicly racing fuel! Where did you get that?

Comment

I think he lives in Finland and is using ethanol
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DanDS3 View Post
        106 Ron! That basicly racing fuel! Where did you get that?
        Yes, bioethanol. They sell it here and there in Finland
        It is also cheaper! 98RON around 1.65e / liter vs. E85 1.07e / liter
        Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
        ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
        sigpic

Comment

Well mine went in yesterday, they ended up spraying two cans of some Teflon based engine cleaner and changed the oil/filter, reset the ECU and took her out, same problem super knock detected. After the second spray they cleaned the injectors and so far it has only giving one report under extreme load in 6th gear. To be fair the mechanic who has been dealing with my car (Gary) has been great and Citroen Lincoln have done everything they can for me so far, so I cannot complain. Personally I think its going to need a few more things doing, but we are letting the ECU bed in again for a couple of days.

I've giving her a good run this morning, even had the tires squeal at one point and she does seem to be responding better, still feels down on power compared to when I first got her but maybe that's just me gotten used to it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuds View Post
            Well mine went in yesterday, they ended up spraying two cans of some Teflon based engine cleaner and changed the oil/filter, reset the ECU and took her out, same problem super knock detected. After the second spray they cleaned the injectors and so far it has only giving one report under extreme load in 6th gear. To be fair the mechanic who has been dealing with my car (Gary) has been great and Citroen Lincoln have done everything they can for me so far, so I cannot complain. Personally I think its going to need a few more things doing, but we are letting the ECU bed in again for a couple of days.

I've giving her a good run this morning, even had the tires squeal at one point and she does seem to be responding better, still feels down on power compared to when I first got her but maybe that's just me gotten used to it now.
            Jeez mate I really feel for you lets hope the dealer and Cuk get together and sort the mess out .But I suppose as per usual there will be loads of back and forth costing you shit loads in travel costs and lost time (work) and the pleasure of driving around in some loan hack ........................................deep joy
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

Hope this gets sorted properly asap for you
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fuds View Post

If it's still super knocking after the spray it'll be head off and decoke...

Maybe Citroen will eventually give in and get a wallnut shell blaster like bmw/mini

Comment

At least they are giving you a bit of support Fuds. Quite rightly too
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                    At least they are giving you a bit of support Fuds. Quite rightly too
                    Yes they are will give it till Monday and if it hasn't settled/sorted itself out I will be booking it back in. Love the car but hate this problem.

Comment

Rear PCV Delete and oil catch can?
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by ds3r View Post
                        Hi Alex how's yours going good I hope.
                        How it going mate, driving home tonight and the problem is still there so going to book it in and see what they've to say this time. This new engine only done about 3,000 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                          Rear PCV Delete and oil catch can?
                          Yes definitely but only after they have cured the problem as I don't want any arguments over future warranty claims.

Comment

Hi as I have said before they need a catch can I would rather have catch can than what citroen think its better than having engine going with out one and big intercooler helps and Alex sorry to hear about yours again it makes you think a new engine and its starting again in one of my other posts every 500 miles a mug full of oil water and mayo in catch can so with out can all that crap would be going into engine .
                            DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

Hi ds3r- but all that mayo and rubbish should be burned up- that's the way engines designed isn't it?
                              It seems to affect the early THPs and Racings only so far as I can tell
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by alexmj1 View Post
                                How it going mate, driving home tonight and the problem is still there so going to book it in and see what they've to say this time. This new engine only done about 3,000 miles.
                                Blimey Alex- good luck
                                sigpic
                                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                                X