No announcement yet.

DS3 Racing engine issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If its not the engine wonder what else it could be (Meaning the engine issue could be the symptom of something rather than the cause)
    Ask them the build date of the replacement- that might be an indicator
    Last edited by Chris_Blue; 15-06-2013, 08:10.
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

good point...will asked about that. Is this something they can tell straight away?

Comment

Do the engines come fully built with all auxiliaries fitted already, turbo and fuel pump etc???
        Would be interesting to see the live data coming back from this car on the dyno, Im sure this would help diagnose the problem.

www.SPTuning.co.uk
        Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
        White on red THP
        Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Originally posted by alexmj1 View Post
          good point...will asked about that. Is this something they can tell straight away?
          My dealers knew within 3 seconds what the build date was on mine. But the engine numbers can date the engine build AFAIK
          He knew what date it was shipped, when built. Pretty sure he was honest because the dates were 4-5 month previous to when I viewed the vehicle
          And I have seen mid 2012 build which are differently configured (Older versions)

Think about whizzing up to Jamie at SPT as he suggests, if Citroen not much good- he does know what he's talking about
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
            Do the engines come fully built with all auxiliaries fitted already, turbo and fuel pump etc???
            Would be interesting to see the live data coming back from this car on the dyno, Im sure this would help diagnose the problem.

www.SPTuning.co.uk
            Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd

Not sure, maybe bigfeet can answer that. A dyno test sounds good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
              My dealers knew within 3 seconds what the build date was on mine. But the engine numbers can date the engine build AFAIK
              He knew what date it was shipped, when built. Pretty sure he was honest because the dates were 4-5 month previous to when I viewed the vehicle
              And I have seen mid 2012 build which are differently configured (Older versions)

Think about whizzing up to Jamie at SPT as he suggests, if Citroen not much good- he does know what he's talking about

Going to give them a call next week and book it in and take it from there, see what the outcome is and then arrange the dyno with Jamie.

Comment

Bigfeet = Citroen sales person

Correct me if I am wrong
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                X