Rough idle when cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough idle when cold

My DS3 DSport+ has started to sound and feel very lumpy when cold, the revs constantly dropping and rising from 650-900rpm. Occasionally taking more than one turn to start although not often. Any idea of cause?

Is yours diesel or petrol ?
    sigpic

Comment

Petrol.

Comment

Oh ok, there are plenty of petrol owners here hopefully one may have a suggestion soon
        sigpic

Comment

I get this too i just thought it may be a sort of automatic choke till the engine has warmed up as mine disappears when warm

Comment

Mine has been doing it for a while already and so far not found any solution. If anyone comes up with something, let us know.
            Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
            ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
            sigpic

Comment

What year? Can you get a plug out and see what its like?
              As usual....Oil level OK?
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Spark plugs and Air Filter ok? failing that may need a maf sensor (if there's one fitted) or temp sensor. Also possibility of a coil pack failing.

What fuel you running it on? 95RON or 97/98RON
                Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

High Pressure Fuel pump failing after starting the pressure is not high enough and as the car runs longer the ecu compensates for the lack of pressure ........................one possible cause
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

I'll maybe get it booked into my local Citroen garage and have them check it over. The problem happens fairly regularly now.

Comment

Wise decision
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Rough idle when cold

Not had a chance to get the car booked in yet but I think there may be a fault with a engine temperature sensor. Shortly after starting the car earlier this week the Stop light came on and a engine temperature warning was shown on the stereo screen. The engine temp needle was also up in the red. 5 seconds later the fault cleared and the temperature needle returned to its normal position. Clearly something is faulty so I'll see about getting it looked at this week.

I have noticed that the engine temp gauge would usually sit bang in the middle after a short time of the engine running, now it usually only sits at the first quarter marker.
                        Last edited by Sneeks; 01-09-2013, 11:35.

Comment

Funny enough my temp gauge doesn't sit "Bang in the middle" on my dial.....its about a millimetre over- always LOL
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Having read some other threads here I've checked my coolant header tank and it is empty. Do I simply top this up with water or does it need some other liquid? The manual is useless and simply states to use a specification of fluid which meets manufacturers specifications.

Comment

http://www.buyoils.co.uk/ourshop/pro...-SUPRA-1L.html

I found that on the Total Oils website.....
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X