No announcement yet.

THP 150 Stutter under acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant remember if you have catch cans fitted Jonbays. Would consider putting in forged pistons and rods if you are keeping the car too.
    As we know, its the carbonisation of the inlet valves that plays a part in the stutter issue on THPs.
    And if modded above 200BHP then forged pistons is the way to go, with the increased remperatures and all
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

ds3 155 thp 62 plate stutter

just reading this thread and my ds3 is doing the same "Stutter". From gears 3 onwards, the "stutter" is so random when it happens it cant be reproduced. car is only on 12,000 miles. I also had happen to me earlier leaving work was the throttle pedal stick to the floor when trying to change from 2nd to 3rd gear so I have no Idea what going on there with that. I have my 1st service in December 17th and my car is under warranty. so I think my cars insides are gonna get torn out :P

Comment

Originally posted by Milkeh View Post
        just reading this thread and my ds3 is doing the same "Stutter". From gears 3 onwards, the "stutter" is so random when it happens it cant be reproduced. car is only on 12,000 miles. I also had happen to me earlier leaving work was the throttle pedal stick to the floor when trying to change from 2nd to 3rd gear so I have no Idea what going on there with that. I have my 1st service in December 17th and my car is under warranty. so I think my cars insides are gonna get torn out :P
        have it walnut blasted, cured mine completely.

Comment

12kmiles Milkeh, and a possible stutter thru carbonisation? - wow.
          What fuel have you being put in... supermarket worst?

Have you been driving around carefully too. IE not giving it a good burn up on the motorway?
          (THPs need a good thrashing often )

Try a tin of cleaner first, with a premium fuel, check plugs, air filter etc etc.
          Has it ever had an oil change yet?

Ed- a first post too- welcome to the Club
          Last edited by Chris_Blue; 21-10-2014, 19:54.
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

fuel is from local forcourt, haven't really hammered it as im in middle of nowhere, oil was golden when brought in july (so must of been changed)

Comment

I'd go with SFG's suggestion and book it in for a walnut blasting to clear any carbon deposits, Jamie at SP Tuning (forum member) does them and has had great results, he did SFG's

Good luck
              sigpic

Comment

Whoa!! walnut blasting at 12,000 miles and still under warranty??

Get it booked in at the dealer and at least give them a chance to sort it first - there could be stored fault codes
                Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Originally posted by Owd git View Post
                  Whoa!! walnut blasting at 12,000 miles and still under warranty??

Get it booked in at the dealer and at least give them a chance to sort it first - there could be stored fault codes
                  I think we all know how this will pan out, it has been documented on here numerous times.

Citroen will use special chemicals, they will replace things but still the problem will persist.
                  CUK will deny there is any inherent fault, you will go insane with the amount of correspondence.

I first had a stutter at maybe 10-15k miles. I scoured the net and the actual issue as we know it now wasn't being reported, however I did get a call from Citroen asking me to bring the car in so they could perform a software update.

The problem didn't reappear for a number of miles probably due to the driving the car was being subjected too. however once id got to 20k it was possible to recreate the stutter. Some BK44 got rid of it for a short while until it was back along with a gradual but noticeable loss of performance.

Walnut blast followed by new plugs and another tin of BK44 and the car is flying again, since I had it blasted at Jamies ive tried very very hard to reproduce the stutter but to no avail.

Comment

Lets hope the car hasnt been clocked, expect it hasnt. But 12,000 is very low miles to get heavy carbon deposits.
                    On reflection, am with Owd git on this one, give the dealer a chance first, it wont cost you anything. May be they find something else

Then plugs, cleaner and clean things up, then walnut blasting as a last resort i reckon.
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Oh Oh not again!! almost got to 20,000km!

Pending Fault Log
                      ------------------
                      P1385: [BMW] Knock Sensor 4 Circuit

P2336: Cylinder #1 Above Knock Threshold

Comment

I had similar issues at <15,000 on the clock, so the fact yours is causing problems at 12k doesn't suprise me. Citroen sorted it with some 'cleaner' under warranty and the problem hasn't come back. Since then I use only premium brand fuel, fuel system cleaner (BG44K) every few thousand miles or so and the odd thrash now and again! Hopefully it will be ok now throughout my ownership

Comment

just chiming in,
                          my ds3 dsport thp156 is now on it's way into the dealer.

last night it had a loss of power on the motorway while overtaking, made a clicking noise while loosing power.
                          Now it's got a very rough idle shaking the car up every 3 seconds or so,
                          now consistently clicks and looses power under full throttle above 3k rpm.

Booked in for citroen to take a look at tomorrow

Comment

^ Those symptoms sound different to most knocking issues, might be your turbo maybe.

Comment

Friday

Got mine booked in for the Friday at 9am not had random stutter for about 2 weeks. Changed fuel to shell nitro +. Checked car with my obd reader and that showed the all clear. So see what happens on Friday

Comment

Hope it's something simple like the turbo, Sounds a lot better to me than shattered pistons and whatnot.

Plugged in the OBD scanner with Lionheart Etuners app:
                                Not looking too good.

Looking for Fault codes (generic and manufacturer specific):

4 fault codes found

---

Retrieving freeze frame information:

Freeze frame information, fault 1

Fault found: P1385

Description:

1385 Super knocking detected / Variable Cam Timing Solenoid B Malfunction

Conditions of fault appearance

- Engine Speed 2169 RPM

- Manifold absolute pressure 1850 mbar

- Vehicle speed 67 km/h

Freeze frame information, fault 2

Fault found: P1536

Description:

1536 Parking Brake Switch Circuit Failure

- Engine Speed 1257 RPM

- Manifold absolute pressure 350 mbar

- Vehicle speed 29 km/h

Freeze frame information, fault 3

Description:

2339 - No description found in faultcode database ---Looked up to be cylinder number 4 about knock threshold

Freeze frame information, fault 4

Fault found: P0172

Description:

0172 System too Rich (Bank 1)

- Engine Speed 3366 RPM

- Manifold absolute pressure 240 mbar

- Vehicle speed 0 km/h

Comment

Working...
                                X