THP 150 Stutter under acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cameron20020 View Post
    My guess is, the Citroen procedure might clean the valves enough to make the problem go away for a bit... but might not be thorough enough for a long term fix.
    There isn't really a long term fix on carbonisation of inlet valves on a GDI engine- fuel and driving style what affects it most
    Seen engines at 5k, 12k, and 19k miles all needing the Citroen treatment within the last 3 months. Then above 20k miles they will all need doing at some stage
    Goes with the territory

Mine makes a bit of a small clanking noise on start up for a minute or so (Usually on a cold morning) and its the chain lubing up
    Most THPs do it- toyed with the idea of changing the oil type (But deffo keep engine oil topped up to full)

Thing is about walnut blasting is, that it might be a fix, but at £2-250 a go it starts getting pricey after a few year
    (Try a BMW/Mini dealer for the blasting)
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Engine temperature fault

Hey guys just an update on my shitron. Car is booked in for repair Friday 5th December. But last nite my engine temperature fault came on telling me to stop car even tho engine was cold. Tried again this morning the temperature reader worked for an minutes then failed out again so rang them and theyre going to look into it :mad::mad:

Comment

That should just be a temperature sensor swap Milkeh- wont be carbon deposits
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
        X