Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
    Assuming thats yours, thats impressive
    Yes and that was the worse one, I won't spoil my post but the difference in engine response and overall performance is significant.

Comment

I'm sure it was with that amount of carbon on it.
      Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

"In the know" comment.

We are all trying to look after our engines, and trying not to erode anyones enthusiasm for the Terraclean service, this is a comment I received from a Terraclean agent, after quyizing him a fair bit on the cleaning of the inlet valves on a GDI engine. (Thanks for the comments if you see this post)

Q. Will this service clean the carbonisation on the inlet valves of a GDI engine?

A. "Not in my opinion - the Terraclean website may lead you to believe this is the case but in our experience it is best for cleaning injectors and exhaust sensors. The inlet valves are cleaned a little but more as a prevention rather than a cure. The issue being not enough Terraclean will hit the back of the inlet valves to remove all carbon deposits due to the nature of the inlet system/fuel system design. We have the same problem with BMW and MINI and the only way to keep them clean is to make sure they get driven hard frequently and that decent quality diesel fuels are used"

Hmmmmm. Interesting. Still looks a decent cleaning service tho
        Love the "get driven hard frequently" comment. LOL
        I'm just out to put it into practice

Ed- think the "diesel" reference was a typo
        Last edited by Chris_Blue; 23-09-2014, 15:28.
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Sorry Chris who ever you talked to didn't know the other Terracleam treatment for Direct Injection engines. He is merely commenting on the main Terraclean service which everyone knows will only clean from combustion chamber through to exhaust. The inlet ports/valves are left alone.

The direct injection cleaning service targets the inlet ports by putting the S Tool into the intake pipe work just before the inlet manifold. The process consists of a pressurised carbon cleaning treatment that loosens the carbon/oil deposits and they are sucked into the combustion chamber and burnt off. All this is done whilst the engine is running.
          Last edited by Toxic; 23-09-2014, 18:11.
          Simon

Comment

I'm not sure I'd like any carbon chunks sucked into anything other than the nozzle of a hoover.

Comment

I wonder if the Terraclean agent Chris was chatting to is unable to offer the direct injection cleaning service ? :confused: You'd hope their agents would know what was available though.
              sigpic

Comment

I'll go back have another chat

Ed- Sent your link in post 33 Toxic, to the Agent to see what he says
                Last edited by Chris_Blue; 23-09-2014, 20:17.
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Some of them chunks are rather big too.
                  White on red THP
                  Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

And your just gonna have to take there word for it that your intake valves are sparklingly clean...
                    White on red THP
                    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Just trying to establish if you have any competition James
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
                        I'm not sure I'd like any carbon chunks sucked into anything other than the nozzle of a hoover.
                        What do you think the carbon and oil deposits do, when coming from your PCV? not all deposits ie 100%, stick to the back of your inlet valves.

the pure design is meant for them to be burnt in the Combustion chamber.
                        Simon

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
                          And your just gonna have to take there word for it that your intake valves are sparklingly clean...
                          no one said they would be Sparkingly clean now did they .
                          Last edited by Toxic; 23-09-2014, 23:39.
                          Simon

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic View Post
                            What do you think the carbon and oil deposits do, when coming from your PCV? not all deposits ie 100%, stick to the back of your inlet valves.

the pure design is meant for them to be burnt in the Combustion chamber.
                            I would hazard a guess that the carbon and oil deposits coming from the PCV are considerably smaller, possibly even vapour or gaseous, rather than the lumps that may come off during a Terraclean session.

Comment

Latest email response:

Hi Chris,

Further to your enquiry as to whether we can remove the carbon from the
                              inlet valves, we do have an Induction Tool which will clean the valves,
                              however, not all of our outlets have the tool as it is a relatively new
                              addition.

In order that I can supply you with the contact details of one close to you
                              please provide me with your post code and vehicle details(make, model and
                              year)
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Had a good chat with someone at Terraclean today, and he explained that the "High pressure Induction tool" works really effectively at cleaning carbonned up valves on GDI engines. So your right Toxic

He explained the franchise distribution, stating that the price being charged isnt fixed by them , but should cost between £70-90 plus vat, as its local discretion what is charged.
                                He also suggested if a group got together, then the price would get lower, the more there are.

Best news for me - theres an Agent with the kit only 40 mile away (Not the first Agent I dealt with)
                                So- will have to decide. Considering getting it done on a yearly basis, as preventative measure. Before Winter, or after is the question

Also asked for some before and after photos.
                                sigpic
                                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                                X