• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terraclean

Has anyone used this or know about it?

http://www.terraclean.co.uk/
    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

the blokes hair on the first page puts me off lol.....
    sigpic

Comment

Looking at vids about this and the terraclean system would attach to the fuel rail and then be injected by the normal fuel injectors into the engine. This becomes a problem with a direct injection engine as the fuel is directly injected into the engine cylinder it never passes the valves. The carbon build up on our direct injection engines is happening on the valves and intake area so this particular system would not clean the problem carbon in our engines. It would clean everything from the cylinders back but those are not the problem areas for us. Looks like it would work as advertised on a normal port injection engine just not ours
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
        Looking at vids about this and the terraclean system would attach to the fuel rail and then be injected by the normal fuel injectors into the engine. This becomes a problem with a direct injection engine as the fuel is directly injected into the engine cylinder it never passes the valves. The carbon build up on our direct injection engines is happening on the valves and intake area so this particular system would not clean the problem carbon in our engines. It would clean everything from the cylinders back but those are not the problem areas for us. Looks like it would work as advertised on a normal port injection engine just not ours
        Makes sense Cyclone, is there anything we can do to lesson the build up?
        DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
        Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Catch can to prevent, seafoam type chemical cleaners or mechanical cleaning to get it off.

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
            the blokes hair on the first page puts me off lol.....
            Its Ed China (Wheeler Dealers) on Sky
            ChrisRs Detailing, Bingley, West Yorks
            eMail: chrisrsdetailing@outlook.com

2014 Citroen DS4 DSport 160 Hdi, Whisper Purple

Comment

Thanks Chris, I've never heard of him !
              sigpic

Comment

Wheeler dealers- marvellous
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Friend of mine got his 530d done last week, he's very happy with the results. it will work on any system just any that has direct injection (common rail) would suffer as the inlet valves would not be cleaned. it would however clean the Combustion Chamber, Exhaust valves, Lamba Sensor and Cat.

http://www.terraclean.co.uk/faq.html

Can you TerraClean a Direct Injection Engine?
                  Yes we can. Even though the fuel is injected directly into the combustion chamber the TerraClean process is very effective post detonation and will continue to clean through engine gas recirculation and down to rear of the exhaust system
                  Last edited by Toxic; 18-11-2013, 08:53.
                  Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic View Post
                    Friend of mine got his 530d done last week, he's very happy with the results. it will work on any system just any that has direct injection (common rail) would suffer as the inlet valves would not be cleaned. it would however clean the Combustion Chamber, Exhaust valves, Lamba Sensor and Cat.

http://www.terraclean.co.uk/faq.html

Can you TerraClean a Direct Injection Engine?
                    Yes we can. Even though the fuel is injected directly into the combustion chamber the TerraClean process is very effective post detonation and will continue to clean through engine gas recirculation and down to rear of the exhaust system
                    Absolutely agree with all this and would like to reiterate the real problem area for a direct injection engine is the intake valve area that will not be cleaned with this system.

Comment

Furthermore to reiterate the point, NO chemical cleaning agent ingested while the engine is running even administered direct into the throttle body or intake tracts, will remove ANY burnt on hardened carbon deposit, you should be aware that these so called carbon deposit removal additives when administered into a running engine, generally at fast idle 2,500RPM that the valves are opening and closing 20 times every second, and that the intake air stream speed is supersonic, so ask yourself just how long the chemical cleaning additive actually spends in contact with the hardened burnt on carbon deposit on the back and stem of the inlet valves ?
                      Performance Powered By Thought
                      Engineered Horsepower

Comment

Originally posted by Czar View Post
                        Furthermore to reiterate the point, NO chemical cleaning agent ingested while the engine is running even administered direct into the throttle body or intake tracts, will remove ANY burnt on hardened carbon deposit, you should be aware that these so called carbon deposit removal additives when administered into a running engine, generally at fast idle 2,500RPM that the valves are opening and closing 20 times every second, and that the intake air stream speed is supersonic, so ask yourself just how long the chemical cleaning additive actually spends in contact with the hardened burnt on carbon deposit on the back and stem of the inlet valves ?
                        Didn't read your post, just wanted to exclaim Czar's back!!!! Missed you buddy.
                        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                          Didn't read your post, just wanted to exclaim Czar's back!!!! Missed you buddy.
                          Thank you Dangerousfish, missed you too, and everybody else, it's been a hell of a roller coaster year.
                          Engineered Horsepower

Comment

Yep- Hi Czar. Hope your well.
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                              Yep- Hi Czar. Hope your well.
                              Hi Chris_Blue, thank you, I am rebuilding myself it's taking time but I'm getting there slowly, I hope your ok too ?
                              Engineered Horsepower

Comment

Working...
                              X