Terraclean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alls well my end thanks.
    Still scouring this site and others, for technical titbits so to say, on this car and engine
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
      Alls well my end thanks.
      Still scouring this site and others, for technical titbits so to say, on this car and engine
      Good, what technical titbits you looking for ?
      Performance Powered By Thought
      Engineered Horsepower

Comment

How about the best way to reduce the build up of carbon deposits on Valves in the THP engine?
        Whether a catch can placed in line with the PCV pipes is completely effective
        All sorts engine wise really, anything to ensure the THP engine stays alive and well.

Did I read that PSA are looking at going for a completely new petrol engine
        Last edited by Chris_Blue; 18-11-2013, 16:55.
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

How about the best way to reduce the build up of carbon deposits on Valves in the THP engine?
          All sorts engine wise really, anything to ensure the THP engine stays alive and well.

I've touched upon this very subject within the Peugeot forums, currently there is no aftermarket OCC (oil catch can) that is more than 35-40% efficient at very best at suspended oil particle separation, and is serviceable too!!

I have been asked to produce an efficient solution, so I'm re opening where I left off what I developed for this very issue for the BMW MINI, although I will have to rethink the packaging restrictions for both the Citroen and Peugeot.

PSA without BMW will be releasing a new petrol as well as a new Diesel engine.
          Engineered Horsepower

Comment

Welcome back Czar!
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by Czar View Post
              I've touched upon this very subject within the Peugeot forums, currently there is no aftermarket OCC (oil catch can) that is more than 35-40% efficient at very best at suspended oil particle separation, and is serviceable too!!

I have been asked to produce an efficient solution, so I'm re opening where I left off what I developed for this very issue for the BMW MINI, although I will have to rethink the packaging restrictions for both the Citroen and Peugeot.

PSA without BMW will be releasing a new petrol as well as a new Diesel engine.
              And Ive never been on the Peugeot forum either. Must be ESP!
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                Welcome back Czar!
                Thank you cyclone, it's good to be back.
                Engineered Horsepower

Comment

The build of carbon as we all know up is from the pcv/oil breathe pipes going into the inlet manifold, so the only way would be catch can and vent to air, the block off the inlet pipe totally. Terraclean would clean from combustion chamber to cat. you'd then only have a carbon build up on the inlet, but since you would stop all crap except filtered air hitting the inlet valves, there would be no more build up.
                  Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Other than water meth injection- but that's pricey
                    Both are warranty void processes
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Catch cans all the way .
                      DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

But has anyone found a decent OCC yet?
                        DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                        Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Most catch cans are better than nothing, if the engine is showing symptoms IMO
                          ds3r's Hangar installed one seems to be working well- they were talking bout putting a kit together

ED- There used to be a vid on utube or somewhere, where the front PCV pipe had been disconnected, and u could see all the stuff that was being returned- it was dark smokey stuff like a tractor starting up.
                          Last edited by Chris_Blue; 19-11-2013, 22:32.
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi chris yes Greg is close to getting a kit sorted soon the new one will be on mine soon will let you know when.
                            DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

That's great news ds3r.

Comment

I have a saikoumouchi occ from my last car that i'll most likely fit soon. more info here but they are really well designed.

http://www.saikoumichi.com/951_page.htm the internals work very well too.

http://www.saikoumichi.com/OCC_explanation.htm
                                Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Working...
                                X