Gutted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gutted

Well just after a week of owning the DS I decided to wash the car and when I was drying it off I found the dreaded blister on the drivers door and what looks like water marks under the paint on the roof, gutted is an understatement.Just wondering if the corrosion/ paintwork warranty will sort this out.

Hopefully it will mate. Horrible feeling when your heart sinks...

Comment

It should do. Andy from Clean your ride had some paint work fixed.

Keep us posted
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Contacting Glasgow citroen tomorrow to see where I go from here, I will keep you posted of developments.

Comment

Can you post some pics so we can see what to look out for ? Thanks
          sigpic

Comment

got mine done on my door and mirror no problem

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	blister.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	359908Here you go ifcrule1972,

Comment

Thanks for the photo, personally my first port of call would be my local Citroen dealer and suggest that it needs fixing under the warranty - see what they say
                sigpic

Comment

Car was looked at today by coachworks that Glasgow citroen uses to appraise bodywork , well it cant get any worse drivers door various blisters and drivers quarter panel blister, passenger side door various spots and blister, passenger quarter panel spot and blister then the finale , the feckin roof is just about covered in what looks like water spots under the paint , so they reckon both full sides of car require repair and respray and full roof including spoiler requires respray, what the feck are these French idiots building their car with .Starting to wish I never clapped eyes on it now and starting to panic incase citroen give it the big 2 finger salute to repairing it.
                  Last edited by L22; 28-10-2015, 22:19.

Comment

I know Connor on C2 had a similar problem, he just decided to put stickers all over his car to cover it.

What year is your car? Citroen give 3 year paint warranty don't they?

Comment

its just over 2 years old, the paint warranty is 7 years I think, the first paint inspection isn't until its 4 year old.

Comment

I guess the biggest concern would be if your DS3 had been in a crash and repaired/resprayed badly.... If not I can't see why Citroen wouldn't want to cover this under the warranty. Good luck with it
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah they check the thickness of the paint to make sure it's original.

Comment

All paintwork is original. The coachworks told me that they get 2 or 3 ds3s a month and a sh-t load of Pug 308 bonnets with the same issue.

Comment

The Citroen has "Three years paint warranty and twelve years anti corrosion warranty".

My new Mercedes Benz A Class FL A200 AMG Line that I'm waiting for delivery in December has three years paint warranty and THIRTY years anti corrosion warranty. Slow in manufacture and delivery though i.e. 15/16 weeks from order. Delay with the AMG alloy wheels!!

I no longer have a DS3 and defected to Mercedes who are now two times double F1 World Champions!

Comment

Working...
                              X