Bastard lowlife vandals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repair to badge help?
    As you can see by photo earlier in the post my badge was nicked recently leaving a mess, old adhesive and backing tape, on the car
    Its intended to remove all thats left with bug/tar remover and a hairdryer with a wooden spatula (Carefully)
    There is a deepish laceration to the Paintwork through to base metal 2-3mm long in 2 places (They used a key i think to prise the badge off)
    Its intended to clean as well as possible, put nail varnish on, and then smear with a bit of grease to seal the cuts from moisture
    Then place the new Badge over, when dry, then tiny smear all way round of more grease to seal- does that sound bout right?

Just dont want the "cut" to rust from underneath the badge so want to effectively seal the cuts
    Any comment appreciated

CBLUE
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Its plastic bodywork under the badge so no worries about rust. Just clean the old adhesive and stick the new badge on.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

*info from ex copper* under the national crime reporting standards, as laid down by the govt/home office. If someone reports a crime to police, the police HAVE TO take a report. It states if someone believes a crime has taken place, then the police HAVE TO take the report. It can be no crimed or investigated the decision is down to the crime desk unit. but as for criminal damage to motor vehicle you do not have to have seen the damage being done, if you leave your car somewhere and return to find it damaged, then that is criminal damage whether caused intentionally or recklessly. The reason for not taking crime reports these days is because the police want to keep their crime stats down so therefore if a crime has been commited but they know they will not find the culprit they will try not to take the report as it will affect their stats, whereas in the old days we (in the Met) would take the report as it would help us to find what parts of our area was being hardest hit by motor vehicle crime.

(sorry its so long lol & sorry about your car)

Comment

Braindead! They add nothing to society, they just drain every resource known to man. Their parents must be so proud!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
            Title of thread couldnt be more apt for me altho use of colourful language on a website not my style
            didnt wanna start new thread
            Some idiot(s) prized my front badge off last night making a right mess :mad:
            CBLUE
            15 badges were removed that night- only 1 other person reported to POLICE so far that we are aware
            Have people lost faith in the Law so much people dont bother anymore?
            Someone justified to me, by saying the more you report car crime in the area- nothing gets sorted, just insurance goes up
            SAD
            Report everything my opinion
            CBLUE
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
            X