boot mounted sub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexmj1 View Post
    It comes with a built in amp and all the cables you need, inline fuse, speaker cables etc... I never installed one of these before, but it took me about 1hr 40min.
    Ok so after doing a small amount of research I have kind of confused myself... Does the whole package I order come with the amp, sub and cables ect, or should the cables and amp be in the car already from factory? (Sorry for being a bit of a noob )

Not sure where it would all plug in so had a look in the boot, and this is what is there where the book says the hifi amp would be:

What the plug that's there looks like? Not sure if this is anything to do with it.

Thanks
    Last edited by Tommy95; 16-11-2012, 16:29.

Belle Ile Blue
    /Onyx Black - VTI 120 - DStyle

Check Out My Custom Subwoofer Boot Build

http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...-s-Simple-Mods

Comment

The Alpine sub box has a built in amp and comes with all the cables you need to fit it. you can buy most sub box brands with a built in amp. Now if your car came with the hi-fi stereo it will have the factory sub box fitted in the right hand side of the boot. you'll need to disconnected this, the pictures you taken is the type of plug that was connected to the factory fitted sub box. This is what I disconnected.

Comment

The Alpine sub box has a built in amp and comes with all the cables you need to fit it. you can buy most sub box brands with a built in amp. Now if your car came with the hi-fi stereo it will have the factory sub box fitted in the right hand side of the boot. you'll need to disconnected this, the pictures you taken is the type of plug that was connected to the factory fitted sub box. This is what I disconnected.
        my car didn't come with the hi fi stereo pack, so I guess I can just order the standard citroen sub and plug it into that connector and it should work if its all included

Belle Ile Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy95 View Post
          my car didn't come with the hi fi stereo pack, so I guess I can just order the standard citroen sub and plug it into that connector and it should work if its all included
          You can but I think you'll need it to be fitted by the dealer as I couldn't see the fixing point on mind. But I still think that you'll be better off with a brand sub box as they sound and perform much better that the factory subs. The Alpine you can feel the bass on your chest.
          Last edited by alexmj1; 16-11-2012, 19:43.

Comment

You can but I think you'll need it to be fitted by the dealer as I couldn't see the fixing point on mind. But I still think that you'll be better off with a brand sub box as they sound and perform much better that the factory subs. The Alpine you can feel the bass on your chest.
            I would love am after market sub but I'm on the finance deal and I don't think I can put one in. I have also been told it can blow the factory head unit very easily?

Belle Ile Blue

Comment

these type of sub boxes are designed for factory head units. You should check some of the reviews on their products. Also you can removed the sub unit when you need to hand back the car. Am now thinking of fitted a 12'' version.

Comment

these type of sub boxes are designed for factory head units. You should check some of the reviews on their products. Also you can removed the sub unit when you need to hand back the car. Am now thinking of fitted a 12'' version.
                Doesnt the sub need to have a remote wire and all that good stuff? The stock unit wont have this will it?

Belle Ile Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy95 View Post
                  Doesnt the sub need to have a remote wire and all that good stuff? The stock unit wont have this will it?

It comes with a built in amp and all the cables you need, inline fuse, speaker cables and remote wire.

Comment

It comes with a built in amp and all the cables you need, inline fuse, speaker cables and remote wire.
                    Ok mate, thanks for all your help going to have a look at the Alpine subs now.

Just one more question about the OEM Citroen sub, how many subs are there? One at each end of the tube? And how big is the sub (not the whole tube) in inches? Thanks
                    Last edited by Tommy95; 17-11-2012, 22:45.

Belle Ile Blue

Comment

That plug in the picture you have posted is the one that plugs into the factory fitted sub and amp that fits at that side of the boot.
                      I've got all the standard sub fitted but I have also fitted a 12" vibe active sub by tapping into that plug.
                      The fat blue one is a live the fat green and yellow next to it is earth and they should be a thin pink wire that you can't see in the picture next to that earth which i've used as the remote.
                      Then starting at the other side of the plug with all the thin wires are your speaker channels. Not sure if i've got this in the correct order but they go something like first pair back left, second pair front left, third pair back right and fourth pair front right.
                      The thin red one next to the fat blue live i've not touched so don't know what it is.
                      Last edited by tez; 18-11-2012, 19:17.
                      2012 Dsport +, white with black roof. Stubby aerial, Alloy DS3 tax disc holder, Alloy black and silver dustcaps and 3D Gel carbon affect plates. Now with kawasaki green painted brakes.

Comment

Working...
                      X