Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad i can help guys.. And glad to hear that your sound has improved aswell Clarky. It really does make a difference to the standard speakers. Thread on how to wire the sub is coming. Just figuring out how to take pictures of the wiring and the rest of the installation as its difficult when it's already installed. I promise i will post as soon as it's finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Remus View Post
      Glad i can help guys.. And glad to hear that your sound has improved aswell Clarky. It really does make a difference to the standard speakers. Thread on how to wire the sub is coming. Just figuring out how to take pictures of the wiring and the rest of the installation as its difficult when it's already installed. I promise i will post as soon as it's finished.
      Apols if this has been asked before.

Do you lose any menu functionality by swapping the head unit eg setting clock etc? Thanks.

Comment

The only things you will lose are the USB, AUX and Bluetooth function. But if your after Market head unit has these built in like mine, then there's nothing to worry about.

Clock, temp display will still work, only thing you will lose from the display is the track, album information. Every thing else displays along with the trip computer.

John.

Comment

Questions I would ask are how are the functions that are controlled & set via the buttons on the RD4 head unit dealt with if you fit a different head unit.
          On my White as far as I know you can only access the vehicle config menu, options, units & display adjust via the buttons on the head unit.
          These control rear wiper operation, guide lamps, dlr's, language setting as well as setting time & date.

Comment

Originally posted by john55810uk View Post
            Questions I would ask are how are the functions that are controlled & set via the buttons on the RD4 head unit dealt with if you fit a different head unit.
            On my White as far as I know you can only access the vehicle config menu, options, units & display adjust via the buttons on the head unit.
            These control rear wiper operation, guide lamps, dlr's, language setting as well as setting time & date.
            Yeh you are correct John you do lose the ability to access the vehicle config menu.....Therefore you lose the ability to change anything unfortunatly.

You will have to fit standard head unit to do this.

Comment

I am wondering IF an alternative upgrade path from the standard RD4 unit might be to fit the unit that comes with the HiFi pack.
              Might contact John Nicol and see if he has any ideas

Comment

Remus,

Thinking of buying an underseat sub to give it that little bit more assisted base.

All i need to know is how to get the 12volt power supply from the battery.

Opened the bonnet to have a quick look then shut it again as i coulddn't see an easy route lol.

Also how do you connect remote from headunit if its being used for patch lead for stalks.

Appreciated Clarky.

Comment

Couldn't you tap a feed from the power socket that is behind the handbrake?

Comment

Couldn't you tap a feed from the power socket that is behind the handbrake?
                    Not sure....

Did think of this or even taking power supply from heated seat wiring loom.....http://www.mediafire.com/?wj5wz2aszq392gn

Sub can run from 11 to 16 volt supply.
                    Last edited by Clarky; 06-03-2011, 23:42.

Comment

Ah, ok, thanks.

Looks like the only setting I'd ever fiddle with in that list is the clock so I'll just have the clock wrong for half the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Clarky View Post
                        Yeh you are correct John you do lose the ability to access the vehicle config menu.....Therefore you lose the ability to change anything unfortunatly.

You will have to fit standard head unit to do this.
                        Clarky. You can still access the menu config and all option. Are you not able to?? Ive still got access to my rear wiper operation, guide lamps and every other setting as i did with the standard head unit.

Comment

How do you access those options then?

Comment

No Mate dont think so.....Knowing mee i might be using wrong stalk control lol....which one is it ??

Comment

From the stalk controls. You can edit the options in the menus from the stalk control as you would of done through the head unit. You should of got a leaflet with the connects2 device telling you how to use the options.

Comment

Have a look at this.

http://www.connects2.co.uk/Instructi...01-CTHCT01.pdf

Comment

Working...
                                X