Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wish there was a easy way to plug a sub in with out having to change the stereo.
    sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
    Third time around.
    Work in Progress

Comment

Originally posted by Rickzayne View Post
      I just wish there was a easy way to plug a sub in with out having to change the stereo.
      There Is... If You Have The Hi-Fi Package

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
        car came pre made -.-
        sigpic.

Third time around.
        Work in Progress

Comment

Originally posted by Rickzayne View Post
          car came pre made -.-
          lolololololol Mine Didn't

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
            I wouldn't say easy way.. Still requires faffing about -_-

I wouldn't mind but the amount of stuff I've changed this should be one of the things I've gotten round to now but there's nobody to hold my hand
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I'm just a little curious. I've never had fitted parking sensors before, and was wondering if I change the HU, does the new one need to be parking sensor compatible? Or does the Connects adapter allow it anyway?
              There are only 10 types of people. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by iamyourfather View Post
                I'm just a little curious. I've never had fitted parking sensors before, and was wondering if I change the HU, does the new one need to be parking sensor compatible? Or does the Connects adapter allow it anyway?
                If you have the rear parking sensors and want to retain them, purchase this Connects2 have updated there website listing this version for the DS3 rather then CTHCT01 version i listed in the guide. Reason is that the CTHCT01 causes some head units not to power up.

The original headunit controls the sensors. replacing the headunit with an after market disables the sensors. The connects2 adaptor steps in for the after market headunit.

Comment

Thanks Remus, that's what I wanted to hear!
                  There are only 10 types of people. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Comment

Thank mate very help fall. One thing if u change the headunit will the speakers stop crackling on some songs like if dose not work at them sound levels frequency
                    If u get me.

Comment

• Have just changed my head unit today and it was a relative doddle... Apart from the stalk control not working! Spoke to the company I bought the adapter from and he did say that the connect2 unit does take a bit of use to bed in with a new stereo sometimes. Not sure i entirely buy that, but I'll give it a few days before I send it back for testing...

Comment

• send it back and they'll send you a new one within a few days.

Sometimes it helps to unplug it all then re do it...
                        sigpic.

Third time around.
                        Work in Progress

Comment

• Hi,

I know this thread is old but I just wanted to know if I could still fit an aftermarket CD Player without the connects2 adaptor? I want the controls to work but as I ma waiting for delivery will i still be able to install with the standard kit?

Thanks

Comment

• Hi Percentrix,
                            I would advise on waiting for the connects 2 connection cable to arrive due to the hassle of installation.

Comment

• Thanks Clarky. Think ill wait then I don't fancy loads of problems!

Off topic but I have ordered the standard D-Style with no HIFI upgrade or anything and was wondering how good the sound quality is as standard?

Thanks again

Comment

• I have the HiFi package but also have a rather nice Pioneer after market head unit that I intend to install.

Having gone through this thread I'm a little confused now about which Connects2 lead to purchase! I have rear parking sensors and don't want to lose this feature but I also want stalk controls. Do I have to purchase the CTHCT01 AND the CTRCT001 or just the latter? Also, wondering if anyone knows anything about the CTSCT003.2? According to Connects2 website, this is the lead for the DS3.

Re: the parking sensors, presumably you lose the car graphic in the display when fitting an after market unit?

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X