This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rickzayne View Post
    -.- ill just have to wait and see what dynamic sounds say about the cable vs the stereo xD
    My thoughts are Rick if youv'e lost power to headunit using connects 2 adpator and your original headunit still works with stalk controls...The connects 2 adaptor is faulty & needs replacing.

Hope you get it sorted mate....Clarky.

Comment

Hi

Thanks for a great guide..

Just got my yellow / black DS3 Dstyle without Hifi and USB Box, parking etc... and would like to get some help, bying a new aftermarket head unit.

Not sure how much I need to buy..

IŽll go for the Alpine CDE-126BT Head Unit.

Should I have all of this or are some of this not nessesary for my setup ??
      and please product no or links..

Alpine Patch Lead
      Connects2 Adaptor Block (Allow me to use the stalk)
      Connects2 Lead
      Fakra Radio Arial Lead (what is this for ??)

By the way... have someone found a cheep place to buy the alpine unit above...

Comment

Originally posted by mafdk View Post
        Hi

Thanks for a great guide..

Just got my yellow / black DS3 Dstyle without Hifi and USB Box, parking etc... and would like to get some help, bying a new aftermarket head unit.

Not sure how much I need to buy..

IŽll go for the Alpine CDE-126BT Head Unit.

Should I have all of this or are some of this not nessesary for my setup ??
        and please product no or links..

Alpine Patch Lead
        Connects2 Adaptor Block (Allow me to use the stalk)
        Connects2 Lead
        Fakra Radio Arial Lead (what is this for ??)

By the way... have someone found a cheep place to buy the alpine unit above...
        This is what I got from Dynamic sounds;
        1 x Autoleads PC5-136 - Audi A3, A4 Amplified Fakra Aerial Adaptor ISO (PC5-136) = Ł7.99
        1 x Alpine CDE-126BT Car CD/MP3 Stereo, Front USB, Aux, Bluetooth, iPod (CDE-126BT) = Ł169.99
        1 x Connects 2 CTSCT003 - Citroen C2, C3, C4, C5 MKII, C8 Stalk Control Adaptor (CTSCT003) = Ł39.99
        Stereo Patch Lead Alpine + Ł5.00
        ------------------------------------------------------
        Sub-Total: Ł217.97
        Shipping Rate (UK Mainland): Ł4.99
        Total: Ł222.96

I don't have reversing sensors - if you do then it's a different lead. Works really well - particularly the phone. If it sounds a bit tinny when you first connect it don't forget to set Sub to off if you haven't got one. Don't forget to connect the blue wire from the aerial convertor to the blue on the head unit. Tape up any loose wires/ connectors to avoid rattles - I also wrapped all the wiring up in a piece of cloth before shoving it back in.

Comment

Great info Telephoneman..

Ordred the 4 items you allso have bought, havent got the reversing sensors either... Unfortunately its a bit pricy to deliver to Denmark, but still cheaper than buy it here..

Will wait for the delivery and post my "review"..

Thanks a lot for your very quick reply...

Comment

Stalk control problem to audio controls.

Got the items today - Finally .
            Went through this guide and got the unit to work.

One thing I cant get to work is the control of the volume, source, etc from the stalk control. IŽd tested the "guide" from this one http://www.connects2.co.uk/Instructi...01-CTHCT01.pdf and the menu config options is accessible for me.

Telephonemann told me to connect the blue wire from the aerial convertor to the blue on the head unit. The blue wire from the aerial converter is for me a special connector (see http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/autol...or-p-9283.html ) and the only wire from the head unit witch is not used is the blue/white one and this have a different kind of connector. I have however tried to connect them but it has no effect what so ever.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0172.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	353341
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0169.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	353342

Comment

It just boosts up the antenna (or how the hell you say it) and makes sure you get reception, it has nothing to do with the stalk control. If you still get a signal without the wire connected, you don't need it.

Had the same with my previous Seat... Ppl told me that i lose the radio without one. but connecting it only made it worse... I was better off without it.

Comment

Connecting the blue wire from the antenna convertor to the blue from the head just powers the antenna amp. On mine I could get FM without it but not AM. You're right, it is a special connector and there isn't any connector on the blue from the head for it to go on - you have to cut into the wire or push it in where the wire goes into the connector and solder or tape it. This has nothing to do with the stalk controls so if they aren't working you have some other issues.

Comment

Hi,
                  My ds3 is going to be here in 3 weeks , just sorting out head unit etc, i have reverse sensors... but i cnt seem to find the lead CTHCT01 on dynamic sounds site? aam i blind? lol
                  Thanks
                  Dan

Comment

I just tried to do this tonight and failed spectacularly!

Can not get the hard unit to fit due to lack of space behind it. Dunno how you all managed it. Will try again at the weekend in the daylight and see what I can do. Just really trying to get better access to route cables and male it all fit but seems impossible!

Comment

push wires up top left
                      Black and white E-HDI DS3

Originally posted by ZACK
                      Sorry Wools, Seems You Were Actually Right

Comment

Originally posted by Woolsy View Post
                        push wires up top left
                        I tried that honestly mate, there is not a bit of that hole that i did not feel to find some space. sounds rude, haha, but my missus would have been proud! connects2 box is the worst part, but the head unit i got has video in cables as well whivh are taking up a fair bit. might see if i can take a panel at the side or something. proably not though.

Don't want to force it since I am aware the ac cable is in there as well (thanks citroen for that) and don't want to snap it!

I will go mental with the cable ties and get it sorted! FTW!

Comment

Try and tuck the larger plugs behind the head unit fitting space im sure they tuck underneath at the back...It's a squeeze i know....Do not force it as you will have a nightmare getting it back out for any reason.
                          Hope this helps....Good luck.

Comment

The main issue I had (after getting the faulty connect wire replaced) was getting the wires out of the way.

If you have a feel around there is quite a lot of space to the lower right hand side. This is where I put mine but you have to be careful not to get the wires trapped between the rubber bung and the holder for the radio as it stops it sliding in properly.
                            sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                            Third time around.
                            Work in Progress

Comment

Originally posted by Rickzayne View Post
                              If you have a feel around there is quite a lot of space to the lower right hand side. This is where I put mine but you have to be careful not to get the wires trapped between the rubber bung and the holder for the radio as it stops it sliding in properly.
                              LOL Brilliant

Comment

I still don't understand why connects 2 didn't include some sort of adaptor that could have converted the existing AUX in interface of the quadlock to 2 male phono leads.

My new HU has aux in phono sockets as does many others. would have made sense to keeep all the wiring neat and tidy but now it is a redundant socket.

Was hoping someone else makes an adaptor, but can't find one not the worst thing that could happen, but still annoying!

Comment

Working...
                                X