Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

La Petite Fusee / The Little Rocket .....Modifications since joining DS3 club.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahoo......Intercooler fitting booked in at Airtec HQ for May 11th.....all will be revealed afterwards!
    LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

• YES!!! I bet you can't wait and I can't wait to see the results. Happy Days
      DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

• Yeah mate......booking this is like Birthday and Christmas arriving together! Waited quite a while for this to be affordable/justified!

First mentioned the Airtec Intercooler 11 months ago....so almost a year of waiting!

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020276.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	361084
        Last edited by JEZDS3; 08-05-2017, 16:33.

sigpic

Comment

• Here are the photos of my Intercooler modification with photos courtesy of Airtec Cooling Solutions if you missed them on Facebook!

Just need to book my trip to Jamie at SP tuning now for Dyno and remap for a little more fun factor!

Click image for larger version

Name:	18425104_1328779013878938_8219339951581052454_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	361091 Click image for larger version

Name:	18342626_1328779060545600_5946468530848785654_n.jpg
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	361093 Click image for larger version

Name:	18342139_1328779053878934_5680534890690503083_n.jpg
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	361094Click image for larger version

Name:	18403448_1328779020545604_5568836625675138679_n.jpg
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	361092

sigpic

Comment

• Looking good Jez!!!
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

• Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
              Looking good Jez!!!
              Thanks mate! It has been well worth waiting for and I`m sure Jamie at SP Tuning will be hearing from me soon!

sigpic

Comment

• Airtec Update::cool:

First impressions with new front mounted intercooler fitted are great.

Acceleration is strong and willing which suggests to a novice like me that the torque curve feels smoother through the rev range!

I do like the way the car feels,sounds and drives now with a newly found get up and go and a much deeper exhaust note due to the less restrictive airflow that is now evident.

For me these modifications were always going to be about how the car makes you feel and the overall enhanced driving experience.

I am really pleased to report that in two years of modification on my DS3 my expectations have been exceeded repeatedly.

This is a fun car to drive! .
                Last edited by JEZDS3; 13-05-2017, 07:44.

sigpic

Comment

• Fantastic mate!! Looks great and I'm so pleased it was worth the wait to get it fitted as it sounds like it's improved her as you had hoped. I can't wait to see how things go when you get to Jamie and get it remapped and the dyno results. Really pleased for you and La Petite Fusée
                  DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

• Thanks Funky! It is brilliant when a modification plan comes together and the driving afterwards exceeds expectations!

sigpic

Comment

• How is your turbo lag with this newly intercooler? Since I drive a Peugeot 208 which has the same engine and the intercooler is almost Identically, I was wondering.
                      I also got an Airtect intercooler but for the 208 they changed the design to be more likely the design of the Forge intercooler.
                      So with the hose connection on the left and right side of the intercooler and not at one side anymore.

Comment

• Im jealous of the intercooler, I'm currently saving so who knows when ill get one fitted

Comment

• Originally posted by victoryo View Post
                          How is your turbo lag with this newly intercooler? Since I drive a Peugeot 208 which has the same engine and the intercooler is almost Identically, I was wondering.
                          I also got an Airtect intercooler but for the 208 they changed the design to be more likely the design of the Forge intercooler.
                          So with the hose connection on the left and right side of the intercooler and not at one side anymore.

I haven`t noticed any more lag than before but the acceleration is phenomenal when needed for safe overtaking,I don`t thrash the engine though and servicing and maintenance is all up to date with the engine oil,oil filter GSR Induction Cone filter etc.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TomAsprey View Post
                            Im jealous of the intercooler, I'm currently saving so who knows when ill get one fitted
                            Tom.Don`t be jealous of the intercooler,for me it was a luxury addition to my modifications and like you I had to prioritise my expenses etc and save up to pick my moment which coincided with annual leave.

Enjoy your modifications as and when you can afford them.....you will appreciate them all the more that way!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JEZDS3 View Post
                              Tom.Don`t be jealous of the intercooler,for me it was a luxury addition to my modifications and like you I had to prioritise my expenses etc and save up to pick my moment which coincided with annual leave.

Enjoy your modifications as and when you can afford them.....you will appreciate them all the more that way!
                              I know I get inpatient... sorry

Comment

• Originally posted by TomAsprey View Post
                                I know I get inpatient... sorry
                                No worries mate!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X