Ben's Styling/Paintwork Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jo67 View Post
    I've got a stubby on mine and it's fine unless I'm on the outskirts of a local station's area.
    Thanks Jo. I've got one on order, so will chuck it on next week and see how I get on.
    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

• Finally got round to repainting my :ds3: miniature to match the real thing. Looks really weird catching it out of the corner of my eye on my desk and thinking "why is my car there and why is it so small?"!

///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• I was going to get the one on my dashboard wrapped to match the real one! Looks good Ben!
        LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JEZDS3 View Post
          I was going to get the one on my dashboard wrapped to match the real one! Looks good Ben!
          Will that be "La Tres Petite Fusée" then Jez?

Ben - I'm liking how when you aren't modding your :ds3: you mod your baby :ds3: What's next?

Comment

• Originally posted by Funky View Post
            Will that be "La Tres Petite Fusée" then Jez?
            Nice one haha!

For me, next is the TRC splitter, ordering the minute I get it past the MOT without any surprise costs - so this Saturday if all goes well, which it should given what I spent on it last service.
            Join the Facebook Group!
            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• Originally posted by JEZDS3 View Post
              I was going to get the one on my dashboard wrapped to match the real one! Looks good Ben!
              Might be difficult to wrap something that size! I know you're a die hard vinyl fan, but sometimes, repainting is the way to go
              Join the Facebook Group!
              Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• Originally posted by BenS View Post
                Next is the TRC splitter, ordering the minute I get it past the MOT without any surprise costs - so this Saturday if all goes well, which it should given what I spent on it last service.
                Yeah you spent a fair whack didn't you? Over £600 wasn't it IIRC? I like the TRC splitter, so I'm looking forward to seeing that in place. Not a mod I will be doing though, too many sleeping policemen and speed bumps round here and I just know I'd trash it in no time.

Comment

• Yup about £650 Mainly because I had to fork out for all the 40k service parts that should have been done before I bought it.

I'm pretty sure the TRC doesn't reduce the ground clearance of the car as it fits flush over the existing plastic skirt. Does add a bit more sticky-outy-ness to the front though but hopefully that won't catch... I'll see!
                  Join the Facebook Group!
                  Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• Cool!! Just the insurance cost to consider then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Funky View Post
                      Cool!! Just the insurance cost to consider then?
                      Oh yeah, should probably think about declaring it lol
                      Join the Facebook Group!
                      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• Yeah - I know splitters, spoilers, side skirts, body kits, induction kits and remaps alll need to be declared on my insurance. Think thats pretty standard across the board though.

Comment

• Advice please - had an online live chat with my insurers and they said that front splitters were not applicable to my insurance policy. So I dig out my policy documents and after some thorough reading, the modifications section includes "spoilers + bodykits". The fact that it says changes must be disclosed, and I'm trying to help by actually disclosing this, surely it's not much effort for them to write it down?

I don't even care if they don't pay out the (quite tiny) £90 for a piece of stick on plastic if I was in a crash, I'd just like to let them know it's going to be there so they don't invalidate my insurance. Honestly... it's not like I'm sticking sword blades out the side of my wheels or fitting machine guns to the roof...
                          Join the Facebook Group!
                          Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• I would say a splitter is classed as part of a body kit. Maybe the person you spoke to didn't understand what you meant? I'd try and speak with a different person and hope they have a bit more sense.
                            - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

• I even sent the bloody link so they could see it! Will try phoning them tomorrow and pester them until they cave in
                              Join the Facebook Group!
                              Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• Yeah give it another go mate. If they still say it makes no difference, get a name of who you spoke to and record down the time and date of the call. See if they will send you an email to confirm that it doesn't need declaring or affect your premium, at least then you have it in writing as proof.

Comment

Working...
                                X