• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Funky View Post
    Looks good Ben! The stubby aerial and sunstrip have added another 10bhp
    well that's me convinced , have been looking at that too

Comment

• Well that`s two stubbys in Hampshire now! Sunstrip looks cracking there Ben!
      LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

• Jez/Ben - what's the radio reception like with the stubby aerial? Fancy one myself, but heard the radio reception can be a bit crappy with one.
        DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

• Not tried it yet, I always listen to my iPod. I'll try remember to stick it on on the way home
          ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
          Join the Facebook Group!
          Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• Ok, so the reception is generally like normal on big broadcasters like BBC stations, and the big southern stations. Capital had very poor reception, even in town. Classic FM was alright, not too sharp though.

This was all leaving Portsmouth, heading towards the motorway. In more remote areas signal might get worse.

Basically, you do lose some reception power, but if you only listen to Radio 1 for example you'll probably be fine.
            Join the Facebook Group!
            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• Thanks Ben. I generally listen to my iPod or CD's, but I do listen to the radio a fair bit too, so I think I will get one and see how it goes.
              DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Thanks Ben. I generally listen to my iPod or CD's, but I do listen to the radio a fair bit too, so I think I will get one and see how it goes.
                YEAH...ditto Ben`s response....but don`t listen to radio much to be critical of reception.
                LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BenS View Post
                  Just been out for a drive today, making sure to hit some fast bends The new seats feel amazing, really supportive and snug. Slight bit less lumbar support but hardly noticeable overall. Well chuffed!

November 2016

Jeez dude, serious seat envy right now :O
                  What did you do in terms of airbag wiring, was it a direct fit or a bit fiddly?
                  DStort
                  DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonhead View Post
                    Jeez dude, serious seat envy right now :O
                    What did you do in terms of airbag wiring, was it a direct fit or a bit fiddly?
                    Thanks man

I did a guide on it here, it's mostly the same wires but different colours, so just a bit of moving pins. You can see where all the wires go to on each seat if you put old and new side-by-side on their backs.
                    Join the Facebook Group!
                    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Thanks man

I did a guide on it here, it's mostly the same wires but different colours, so just a bit of moving pins. You can see where all the wires go to on each seat if you put old and new side-by-side on their backs.
                      Awesome, thanks for that. I've put an offer in on a pair on ebay so wish me luck.

Keep up the good work!
                      DStort

Comment

• Nice! Hope they are in better condition than mine were! Good luck, and look forward to seeing them in your car
                        Join the Facebook Group!
                        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Nice! Hope they are in better condition than mine were! Good luck, and look forward to seeing them in your car
                          They're from a breaker so you never know xD

Sorry for all the questions, but what is the leg room like with these seats?
                          4 of us are going to France in the summer and leg room is bad enough with the stock seats :lemon:
                          DStort

Comment

• To put it simply.... Bad. More of a bulky back to them, but as long as you shunt your seat as far forwards as you can manage while still being able to drive, then you'll manage fine. Raising the seats up high will help too, since both are height adjustable and it gives more leg room at the front.

It's really a 2 adults, 2 children, although I have managed 5 adults with these seats. Road tripping across France will be uncomfortable in the back, but it would be with the normal seats anyway. Frequent breaks to stretch legs and maybe a rota of who gets to ride shotgun if everyone's a similar height. Obviously if someone's over 6 feet then they get dibs on the front seat!
                            Join the Facebook Group!
                            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

To put it simply.... Bad. More of a bulky back to them, but as long as you shunt your seat as far forwards as you can manage while still being able to drive, then you'll manage fine. Raising the seats up high will help too, since both are height adjustable and it gives more leg room at the front.

It's really a 2 adults, 2 children, although I have managed 5 adults with these seats. Road tripping across France will be uncomfortable in the back, but it would be with the normal seats anyway. Frequent breaks to stretch legs and maybe a rota of who gets to ride shotgun if everyone's a similar height. Obviously if someone's over 6 feet then they get dibs on the front seat!
                              Thought that might be the case.
                              Being 6 foot 3 writes off the driver side back seat anyway for an adult. We'll have to see how it goes :P

Cheers Ben, Appreciate it!
                              DStort

Comment

Jez/Ben - what's the radio reception like with the stubby aerial? Fancy one myself, but heard the radio reception can be a bit crappy with one.
                                I've got a stubby on mine and it's fine unless I'm on the outskirts of a local station's area.
                                "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
                                https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

Comment

Working...
                                X