Ben's Styling/Paintwork Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Funky View Post
    Looking good mate! They have cleaned up well and I'm liking the stitching too! Hope you get them in this weekend, really wanna see what they look like fitted. What you gonna do with your original seats?
    Keep em and stick them back in when I come to selling it. Sell the buckets separately for a few extra squids
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• Fitted (in the rain ) and trundled around the alley behind my house to test everything's wired up correctly. The passenger seatbelt warning sensor or wiring is not working, but the airbags are connected and that's the important thing.

No pics yet as got too dark. Meant to take photos as I went along but got too engrossed in the task! Fairly easy job once you get the hang of it.

One note is that the original seats weren't bolted in very tight at all. I'd recommend for anyone to test that theirs are done up properly to the correct tightness (torque wrench, torx 40 bit, 2m.daN)
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• Good stuff. Look forward to the pics tomorrow.
        DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

• Just been out for a drive today, making sure to hit some fast bends The new seats feel amazing, really supportive and snug. Slight bit less lumbar support but hardly noticeable overall. Well chuffed!

November 2016

Join the Facebook Group!
          Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• Wow! These seats are looking great in your car.

Comment

• Oh hell yes mate. They look top drawer - you must be really happy with those!!

Comment

• Thanks peeps They're great so far, can't wait for some daily driving in them!
                Join the Facebook Group!
                Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• They look great Ben, enjoy!
                  - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                  - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

• Luxury!
                    LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

• They look awesome!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
                      My DS3R3... nearly....
                      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

• Thanks everyone They've been so nice this week driving to work, such a huge improvement over the stock seats!
                        Join the Facebook Group!
                        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• Full service was booked in as my front brakes were grinding like hell and not really working.

Pads were 100% worn down to metal, front discs scored to pieces, platinum spark plugs close to packing up, tracking out, front tyres damaged, wearing on the inside and only 3mm tread left.

Pretty much all of this is stuff the dealer should have done in Feb when they "serviced" the car before I bought it. Avoid Paynes Road Southampton like the plague.

Long and short of it, I just got everything done as it's winter and don't fancy breaking down, having a blowout, or crashing into anything.

£639.05 later and it's driving really smoothly. But because of that there won't be any new mods for probably about 4 months

ok maybe a shorter aerial but that's it
                          Join the Facebook Group!
                          Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• A couple of 10 year-olds on bikes nicked my Lego dustcaps yesterday. Caught on CCTV, hardly surprising considering that:

a) 10 year-olds love fancy dustcaps on their bikes

b) 10 year-olds love Lego

c) they were from Portsmouth, where stealing is as reflexive as breathing

Doubt I'll replace them, even though they look ace. At least I've still got my Stormtroopers for shows
                            Join the Facebook Group!
                            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• Originally posted by BenS View Post
                              A couple of 10 year-olds on bikes nicked my Lego dustcaps yesterday. Caught on CCTV, hardly surprising considering that:

a) 10 year-olds love fancy dustcaps on their bikes

b) 10 year-olds love Lego

c) they were from Portsmouth, where stealing is as reflexive as breathing

Doubt I'll replace them, even though they look ace. At least I've still got my Stormtroopers for shows
                              Jeez Ben, you are having some bad luck recently mate. Hope things will be better in the New Year

Comment

• Time to kick things into gear again, starting small for now.

Ordering:
                                A new stubby aerial because my OEM long one is bent
                                A sunstrip because the low sun is really doing my eyes in in the morning (can't wear sunglasses because I need driving glasses and I don't have photochromic lenses)

Which design looks the best? I will be going black background with either white or red lettering.

Join the Facebook Group!
                                Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Working...
                                X