No announcement yet.

Ben's Styling/Paintwork Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I'm celebrating the 1 year anniversary of owning my :ds3: with good and bad news.

The bad news is that the modifications will probably die out here and this will be the final look of the DS3volution.

The good news is it's running nicely since throwing lots of money at it to fix things. Now I'm going to knuckle down and seriously start to finance my Evo fund. I predict about 3 years minimum at current prices for an VIII or a decent X, so plenty of time left to enjoy this little baby

Then and Now:

///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• Wow!!! It's come such a long way in a year mate. How come you have decided to stop? I know there were a few things that you still wanted to do, so even if you do nothing else, you have made a cracking job of it and you should be proud of your :ds3: I thought, at first, you were going to say you were flogging it already.
      DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

• Insurance is the main reason. That and just accepting that this will never be a fast car, so it's not worth trying to get it there.
        Join the Facebook Group!
        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• I've said this before, car insurance is a mystical minefield and makes no sense at all. So I empathise with you mate. Just a thought though. If you think your insurance is high on your DS3, what do you think it's gonna be like on an Evo?

Comment

• Originally posted by Funky View Post
            If you think your insurance is high on your DS3, what do you think it's gonna be like on an Evo?
            Astronomical

But I'll be at least 25 by then which will help and I only plan to keep it for a year before selling it on again. Only one big lump of insurance and tax to think about.
            Join the Facebook Group!
            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• Well I'm glad you're keeping it for another few years and can enjoy the hard work you have done.

Comment

• Spring cleaning done, so it'll be an easier job to clean up for British Motor Museum in a couple of weeks.

Guest starring my mother and sister in the window

Join the Facebook Group!
                Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• Looking good

Comment

• Nice and shiny again mate. Looks gooooood!!

Comment

• Although nothing new is planned, I still like playing around with design ideas in my head.

Ever since the new Performance Black came out, I've been in love with the side decals, and wanted some, but the colour scheme is too dark. Decided to play around on the PC and see if I could make a similar design, incorporating the French flag rather than the red and gold Performance stripes. As you can tell, I got a bit bored of making triangles as I got to the front of the car :Joni:

Join the Facebook Group!
                      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• Great start there Ben....you never know this may make it to the Club Shop!
                        LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

• Looks good mate. Like what you have done there. I was gonna ask why the blue skull is in there, then realised it's on the tyre cover on the van on your drive:eek: :Joni:

Comment

• Current standings:

This car is doing my nut at the moment. So far the faults are
                            - A/C compressor receiving no power
                            - Parking sensor system not activating
                            - Reverse light not activating even after changing the bulb

The last 2 seem linked, like the switch on the reverse gear selector isn't functioning, but whatever it is, it's all electrical. If this ends up being something serious which will cost a bomb to fix, then it's bye bye DS3. Watch this space, because if it does end up going, my bucket seats will be up for sale.

Really fed up with everything I've had to spend out on in the year and 5 months I've owned it. Had 6 new tyres for one - although no fault of the car itself, being general wear and 2 punctures on brand new tyres.

And I know I'll probably run into new issues with a cheapish car to bridge the gap until I can afford the Evo; and I know that that will cost me a fortune to run and maintain for the year I plan to keep it too, but that's my absolute dream car since I was 16 and it'll be worth it to me. Just wish I could go between services and MOTs without something needing money spent to fix every 2 months. I'm definitely going back to using the cheapest fuel I can find, because this car isn't worth the premium fuel I've been filling it with.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm falling out of love with the car. I still like driving it, but it's lacking. I still like looking at it, but it'll never be what I wanted it to be because it's a waste of money to get it there.

Whatever happens, I'll be staying on the forum. You guys are awesome, and have given me so much inspiration and advice. I just hope I can become as enthusiastic again about my car as the newcomers always are with theirs. Sorry again for venting to everyone, but I needed to let my frustration out somehow.
                            Join the Facebook Group!
                            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• I've got to admit I've got no patience and no loyalty when a car starts pi**ing me around. I feel for you.
                              "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
                              https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

Comment

• Really sorry to hear that Ben.....hang on in there mate if you can!
                                LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X