No announcement yet.

Ben's DS3 sort of build...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been talking on chat about this mess. I cracked it and scratched it and all sorts when putting it on (im truly rubbish at mods).

Want to fix it now and get it looking right.

Attached Files

Comment

try dental floss ben it works just work it back forth
      have sold the racing but ive still got the ultra prestige

Comment

I don't even know how you failed so hard
        sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
        Third time around.
        Work in Progress

Comment

Originally posted by Bensds3 View Post
          Joni I may need your help again!
          Will do!
          My DS3R3... nearly....
          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Rickzayne View Post
            I don't even know how you failed so hard
            it had cracked when sanding, its pretty weak. As for the paint coming off when applying it i didnt realise it was going to stick so hard and it didnt fit right at first. When trying to persuade it into the correct position it snapped. Then had an uneven fixture which i used sandpaper to make even.

Aside from removing it and buying another i was thinking about fixing the gap and touching up the paint again. Im assuming this would be cheaper?

Comment

So after seeing various wrapped DS3's im deffo going to go for a wrapped gloss orange look. Probably a darker orange than in the photoshops.
              Now its just a case of saving some money as thats tight right now. Also re-map is needed. If I can save £££ on fuel as im doing plenty of miles its worth it.

So turning my attention to things that dont cost money such as paint care. Done some touch up on the chipped and cracked black parts but need todo some more as I missed loads.
              I also need to polish and sand the areas ive touched up as they havent dried as smooth as id hoped. More on this later.

Im getting more and more annoyed by the adhesive for the LED surrounds showing, its making me angry aghhghhhh!

Can anyone recommend something to get down these cracks and clear it off? it removes with ease with some pressure.

Attached Files

Comment

jet wash?
                sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                Third time around.
                Work in Progress

Comment

Originally posted by Rickzayne View Post
                  jet wash?
                  wide jet doesn't do anything but I may try a straight jet. The extra power shouldn't hurt lol!

Comment

Well gave it a heavy jet was today and it shifted no adhesive and knocked most of the paint of the led surrounds. These things are more trouble than worth but still like them so will try and fix it.

Why does the factory black paint with three coats suck so much and come off so easy!

If I can't sort this out then its going to have to be a wrapping job on these as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X