Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modifications to 1.6 HDI 110 Dsport - 200hp? ;-) Who needs a petrol!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifications to 1.6 HDI 110 Dsport - 200hp? ;-) Who needs a petrol!!!!!

Done so far after having car for two weeks ;-)

Lowering springs fitted 25mm - 30mm lowered eibach
    Rear Double twin exit exhaust system fitted by longlife in Birmingham... maybe 1st in uk? Had to remove a third of the boot wheel well to complete this.
    Tinted windows - limo black at back and medium on fronts (for legal reasons!)
    Debadged front and back - kept the ds3 logo on back as there are locating pins/holes on these.(front badge is a biatch to remove!)

Tuning box fitted by Dave - 550bhp (owners estimates ;-))

Next week removing dpf (diesel particle filter - aka catalytic converter for diesel engines)
    I removed this today and could not believe the size of it!! No wonder it saps sooooo much power all for the sake of a few grams of carbon! The replacement straight through pipe is being made next week and then back to Viezu in bromsgrove for a remap of the actual ecu to a: increase power and b: to turn of the dpf functions. They can actually remap the ecu straight on the ecu and not via edb port.

Really impressed with the tuning box that Dave fitted today - extra power is great ;-) Thoroughly recommend it to anyone. 225ft-lbs power at the moment with the car only covering 1200 miles and standard paper filter. Rolling road today was great -shame more ds3 didn't turn up tho, but was a great day, everyone was great to meet.

To do:
    18" wheels
    Vinyl wrap in matt black - whole car black
    Stainless steel front grille to replace plastic one
    HID lights
    25mm hub extensions to push out the wheels for looks and extra handling - need 50mm bolts and proper spacing kit with studs fixed to the spacers for strength.
    Rear lower valance - chromed

Will redo the rolling road when pdf removed next week and report back on increase of power without the dreaded pdf!
    Still trying to source a k&n filter for the diesel engine as I have not received the correct one yet (mine is square and not a long oblong one)

Trying to find out if I can have the brake calipers chromed (front and back) if possible as I would like everything either black or chrome.

Will include pics along the way - photos of exhaust were posted by longlife / roarpower already.
    Life's too short to grow up! ;0)

oops max engine torque is 244.7 ft-lbs on viezu rolling road - beats petrol ;-) lol

Comment

Wondering how your claiming diesel beats petrol when a remap on a 150 Thp engine increases it to 190 Bhp and on a 110 diesel increases it to 131.5 Bhp...

Is this possible 200 Bhp on a 110 Diesel ??.

Love your exhaust by the way.

Comment

That torque only lasts for a few hundred rpms. On the petrol it lasts the whole rev range. Byeeeee! :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Clarky View Post
          Wondering how your claiming diesel beats petrol when a remap on a 150 Thp engine increases it to 190 Bhp and on a 110 diesel increases it to 131.5 Bhp...

I think it could be done, if using water injection.

-->mbartlett
          Iam interested in how much hk the DPF takes, Dont forget to report back here.

Comment

Dry NOS?
            Originally posted by mbartlett View Post
            Done so far after having car for two weeks ;-)

Lowering springs fitted 25mm - 30mm lowered eibach
            Rear Double twin exit exhaust system fitted by longlife in Birmingham... maybe 1st in uk? Had to remove a third of the boot wheel well to complete this.
            Tinted windows - limo black at back and medium on fronts (for legal reasons!)
            Debadged front and back - kept the ds3 logo on back as there are locating pins/holes on these.(front badge is a biatch to remove!)

Tuning box fitted by Dave - 550bhp (owners estimates ;-))

Next week removing dpf (diesel particle filter - aka catalytic converter for diesel engines)
            I removed this today and could not believe the size of it!! No wonder it saps sooooo much power all for the sake of a few grams of carbon! The replacement straight through pipe is being made next week and then back to Viezu in bromsgrove for a remap of the actual ecu to a: increase power and b: to turn of the dpf functions. They can actually remap the ecu straight on the ecu and not via edb port.

Really impressed with the tuning box that Dave fitted today - extra power is great ;-) Thoroughly recommend it to anyone. 225ft-lbs power at the moment with the car only covering 1200 miles and standard paper filter. Rolling road today was great -shame more ds3 didn't turn up tho, but was a great day, everyone was great to meet.

To do:
            18" wheels
            Vinyl wrap in matt black - whole car black
            Stainless steel front grille to replace plastic one
            HID lights
            25mm hub extensions to push out the wheels for looks and extra handling - need 50mm bolts and proper spacing kit with studs fixed to the spacers for strength.
            Rear lower valance - chromed

Will redo the rolling road when pdf removed next week and report back on increase of power without the dreaded pdf!
            Still trying to source a k&n filter for the diesel engine as I have not received the correct one yet (mine is square and not a long oblong one)

Trying to find out if I can have the brake calipers chromed (front and back) if possible as I would like everything either black or chrome.

Will include pics along the way - photos of exhaust were posted by longlife / roarpower already.

Comment

That sounds like a lot of work. But good fun,

Comment

Originally posted by Clarky View Post

I have finished yet ;-) pdf and ecu remap - It would be nice to know the difference between petrol bhp vs torque and diesel bhp vs torque where one would be better or worse in different scenario's. As having more torque but less power is a query and also power bands - in real life driving on the road would a petrol have to shift down to gain access to the bhp curve start and a diesel wouldn't, but then the diesel would have to change alot more to keep in the narrower power band?
                Main question where does sliding scale make the extra torque make up havin a little less ponies? OR can the diesel make 185 bhp like a diesel but with more torque????????? Proof in the pudding the on the rolling road so will post more when the pdf has been removed the ecu remapped, car's fuel pressure is back to normal.

At the moment since driving it back from viezu it feels more and more responsive as if someone turned the dial up and given it more power(i have not touched the adjustment by the way). But now it seems to be gain ponies the management light and asr warning light come one. It just wants to spin the wheels everywhere with the lowend torque. ;-))))))

Will see if we can roll it BEFORE removing anything further when the car/ecu settles down.

ps Clarky 'owners estimates' of 550bhp our more important the actual facts you know! lol lol ;-) 131.5 that was running on pure waste unfiltered vegetable oil as well! ;0) lmao ;-)

Comment

Where you get the lowering springs from dude?

Comment

Originally posted by sim22 View Post
                    Where you get the lowering springs from dude?
                    http://www.aktivperformanceparts.co.uk
                    They are the same as pug 1007 interestingly enough... they could do with more lowering, however I am planning 18" so didnt want to drop to far.

Comment

Mr Bartlett has a quality DS3 and will out pimp Clarkys optioned out car shortly, don't forget Patrick at Enigma (07984 376288) is the guy for the HID's. I can vouch for the extra oomph now that Dave has remapped my car and cannot believe how quickly it picks up the revs; will learn from Clarky and insist that no computer upgrades when dealer services the car though.
                      Make sure we see photos of all the bling.

Comment

They are the same as pug 1007 interestingly enough...
                        Are You 100% On This ?

As I've Seen Coilies For The 1007 Advertised But None For The DS3 ?

So Im Wondering If I Should Just Buy The 1007 Coilies ?...

Comment

Must be a boy thing - haven't got a clue what you are talking about - but sounds impressive!!!

Comment

http://www.aktivperformanceparts.co.uk
                            They are the same as pug 1007 interestingly enough... they could do with more lowering, however I am planning 18" so didnt want to drop to far.
                            So does it use the same suspension as the Pug 1007?

Comment

Originally posted by smudger7 View Post
                              Mr Bartlett has a quality DS3 and will out pimp Clarkys optioned out car shortly, don't forget Patrick at Enigma (07984 376288) is the guy for the HID's. I can vouch for the extra oomph now that Dave has remapped my car and cannot believe how quickly it picks up the revs; will learn from Clarky and insist that no computer upgrades when dealer services the car though.
                              Make sure we see photos of all the bling.
                              Didn't Know we were in competition pmsl....What will you learn from Clarky??...Clarky knows sweet fa lol.

Think mbartlett already has pimped my ride just look at his exhaust.

Always someone who's got to spoil the forum .:mad:
                              Last edited by Clarky; 24-10-2010, 16:13.

Comment

Working...
                              X