Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modifications to 1.6 HDI 110 Dsport - 200hp? ;-) Who needs a petrol!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
    Second part redundant.
    Life's too short to grow up! ;0)

Comment

Smoothed and flanged inside view for better air flow

Comment

All parts used were the original parts adapted. This was turned upside down for cooler air and radiator pipe was twisted up rather that down to provide space.

Comment

Turbo inlet pipe now goes down and then straight up to the out side air duct by battery for fresh cool free flowing air. All pipes are existing original ones - just adapted. The only parts i needed was the actually replacement filter dome and a 12" oil breather pipe.

Comment

You do have to extend the air flow meter cables (4) and the (2) oil breather sensor cables, as you are positioning them further away.

Comment

Finished product.

Entire air box assembly removed - keeping only the connecting pipe to the turbo with the oil breath sensor and then connecting straight to the air flow meter pipe (flanged for better air flow) then a slight bend upto to the top new air filter in front of the cool air duct. Whole pipe now 12" and much better cooler air flow. Whey did they stick the whole air box and filter over the top an side of engine (heat soak would be terrible not to mention air flow drag!).
              Car is booked in on monday for the pdf replacement pipe and then tuesday at viezu for the ecu remap - car has too much power for the esp to handle at the moment so will now await tuesday and will post results before and after ie with tuning box and then it removed for ecu remap - with air box removed and pdf removed.

Comment

http://img716.imageshack.us/g/img00083201010241244.jpg/

Links to all photos

Comment

just removed entire upper and lower front grille and replacing with less restrictive metal mesh - and cut out larger air scoop. Air Intake Temperature is the same as ambient temperature now with the improved air filter system and positioning at the front. will upload pics today as nearly finished front grille....

Comment

All removed awaiting new grille - finishing today

Comment

standard - before

Comment

Front grille replacement nearly finished and night time led running lights fitted underneath headlamps and chromed indicator bulbs to hide the orange glow...

Comment

Your a busy man Bartlett!!

Like the LED lights, a good work around and look smart. To be honest with you i don't really like the look of the grill, too much chicken wire for my tastes (at least i'm being honest!) but i know way you have done it in order to aid cooling.

It will be good to see the finished thing at a meet.
                          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                          Bigfeet's File Repository
                          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

hi bigfeet, i like your honesty and it is appreciated as i know it not everyone's taste, but it is for practical reasons as my partner does not like it either, but will be finishing the top part off to make a wee bit better... air intake temp is perfect for more tuning now... i just hope she can take it as i want to push it as far as possible trying not to brake too much a long the way ;-) will take some more photos in the day light as night time is terrible for photos on a blackberry!!

Comment

:-/ I appreicate that you done a lot of work to it, but to me thats killed the cars looks, each to their own though

Comment

Like i said in the earlier post the grille is removed for much better air flow / cooling and to keep the intake air temperature lower... which is does - however I have not finished the front yet... Just fitted front mounted laser gate opener which incidently jams lasers so have fitted a switch to turn if off - so must remember when driving to do this ;o)
                                Ecu could not be remapped as when they opened it up they need some new software written to remap it. Viezu stated this will be ready in 3 weeks. So they are rolling it then and will be the first to do this.
                                Getting some heat shield material for the down pipe and turbo to shield the heat and to keep the downpipe nice and hot to expel the gasses easier.

Since removing the dpf it now sounds like a le mans diesel racing car... can not believe the sound now - will upload sound clip hopefully tomorrow as she sounds like a v8 just ticking over ;-)
                                Also fitting flip touch screen below the original radio to watch videos and rear camera for reversing.
                                Cross drilled and grooved discs arrived today so will be fitting these tomorrow after painting them black.

Comment

Working...
                                X