Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modifications to 1.6 HDI 110 Dsport - 200hp? ;-) Who needs a petrol!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You not alone Sparkle.....I haven't a clue about these "Coilies" except that they sound painful.....can you get a cream for them?

Comment

Originally posted by john55810uk View Post
      I haven't a clue about these "Coilies" except that they sound painful.....can you get a cream for them?
      LOL Coilies Are Short For Coilovers...

I Would Explain But Its Effort So Heres Wiki To The Rescue...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coilover

Comment

if you look at the link to the springs they are the same - I do not think there the same as the rest of the suspension tho - just the coils - and if you do go down too far you may need cream from the doctors for your back!! lol
        Life's too short to grow up! ;0)

Comment

asr / esp warning light saying error keeps coming on and limiting the engine to 3000rpm - there is too much power and the asr is too sensitive and doesn't understand!! only way to reset it is turning the engine off and on. I need to disable the esp as i can drive it faster round a bloody roundabout with it off!!! does anyone know how?

Comment

Originally posted by smudger7 View Post
            Mr Bartlett has a quality DS3 and will out pimp Clarkys optioned out car shortly, don't forget Patrick at Enigma (07984 376288) is the guy for the HID's. I can vouch for the extra oomph now that Dave has remapped my car and cannot believe how quickly it picks up the revs; will learn from Clarky and insist that no computer upgrades when dealer services the car though.
            Make sure we see photos of all the bling.
            Thanks smudger for the number - will sort it out with them very soon. Glad your car is running well ;-)) cheers matey

Comment

extra power sockets / cigarette adapter instructions

1: pull up handbrake centre plastic - it just pulls up
              2: unplug the cig cable from underneat
              3: splice to join a good quality thick red cable into the red cable from the plug that goes to the cig adapter.
              4: run this cable along the centre to the front foot well drivers side
              5: run this cable above the foot well
              6: join this wire to the cig adapter buy means of a bullett connector - live wire
              7: remove the dashboard side - just pulls off
              8: on the side is two 1/2" bolts that you can see
              9: use the black cable and crimp on a ring spade
              10: remove one of the bolts - lower is easier
              10 tighten this back up on the ring spade when replacing the bolt

you now have a live ignition off the original with a dual socket (available from halfords)

This can mounted hidden or inside the little holder

Just cut of the cigarette adapter off the adapter and use black for earth and the black with white stripe for negative

You now have power sockets in the right place and the wires hidden and using the original ignition wiring which is fused ;-)

Comment

Unplug an abs wheel sensorlol will stop it operating but will bring the light on. cantg just completly turn the esp off tho
                Last edited by Blerg; 24-10-2010, 20:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Blerg View Post
                  Unplug an abs wheel sensorlol will stop it operating but will bring the light on. cantg just completly turn the esp off tho
                  hi blerg, thanks for the help - i can see a problem tho... will this also disable the abs! as i do not want to do this at the expense of the abs. Is there a separate fuse for the esp or at least some way of making a on and off latch switch? many thanks, mark

Comment

M thought is that the ESP can be "switched off" through the LEXIA, the computer that connects to the OBD system and COM/BUS unit. I'm not 100% sure as if you could a dealer would most likey get you to sign a disclaimer first! Remember my time at SEAT when the Leon Cupras were out and lads asking the workshop to do this.
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

ok thanks for the info bigfeet will ask viezu tomorrow to see if there are able to do this as i will be speaking to them tomorrow about an ecu remap when pdf is removed - would like a switch ideally that was permanently on or off all off altogether so i can burn a little rubber when on track days etc. cheers, mark

Comment

Curoius to see how much the power difference is when you remove the dpf, let us know mate!

Comment

Viezu reckoned about 35bhp with the remap - as the dpf is one HUUUUUUGE unit - so i am hoping minimum of 150+ (toque at moment is 245 ft-lbs so hoping 300 if poss) will keep fingers crossed, but really need to sort out esp and it is failing at the moment .. grrr..

Comment

Right had a good chat with the CT today and asked about your problem with the ESP.

He says that with ESP8.1 (which is was most cars use these days including DS3) the control unit is now intergrated in with the ABS/ECU box rather than a separate system as before. The upshot is that he sais it would not be possible to disable the ESP system. He said that yes you can disable the ABS sensors, but your ABS system would fail to work and the car would flash the dashlight at you all the time. He also said that if the car was road side tested it would be deemed an MOT fail.

I know this was not what you hoped for....

Comment

hey bigfeet, mandy thanks for the info good or bad info is not what we always need but it drives us forwards... hmmm that was good before coffee ;-) looks like a challenge tho ;-)

Defo want the abs so disabling is not an option

Need to know whether the ecu can be replaced or an additional box to fool the esp to not turn on. The esp must be programmed for only a certain amount of power as it comes on and flashes before the wheels even try to spin under lots of power in 3rd and 4th and 5th. But i didn't do this on the rolling road, but then the power REALLY increased within 30 - 50 miles of driving home. I may have turn down the tuning box dial to see if this helps for the moment ie the power is a little too much for the limits of the esp now.

I do need this sorting tho as removing the dpf and increasing the airflow in will only exaggerate the problem... power but can not put my foot down all the way! damn it!

Will see what viezu can say... cheers, mark

Comment

I think the new racing comes with this function. But viezu should be ale toner program your existing button. I asked Dave when he remapped my car, he thought It should be able to be done with theright equipment.

Comment

Working...
                                X