No announcement yet.

Connor's DS3 THP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay I googled and found a picture. Looks like the wheel may have to be removed to give you room to get the self tappers screwed in?
    Daron Brewood

DS3 Sport Plus - 'Yellow Hawk'
    CEO smartphonegurus.com
    Phone: HTC One, Nokia Lumia 920 / 925
    Cars:
    Mark II Cortina > Hillman Avenger > Datsun 120Y > Morris Ital > BL Maestro > Hyundai coupé > Rover 25 > MG ZR > Peugeot 307CC > 207 > 207CC > Citroen DS3 Sport+

Comment

Yeah i had to remove mine to make it easier. I'll try and nip downstairs later to have a look.

Kind Regards,
      Aidan
      :ds3:The Parts Advisor:ds3:
      Partsworld-UK.com
      Email
      Call: 01246 268896
      We're also dealers for Alfa, Fiat, Abarth, Hyundai, Seat, Suzuki and Volvo
      *Please take a minute to write a quick review under your items on Partsworld-UK.com and also on Facebook*

Comment

Thanks Aiden, appreciated.
        Daron Brewood

CEO smartphonegurus.com
        Cars:
        Mark II Cortina > Hillman Avenger > Datsun 120Y > Morris Ital > BL Maestro > Hyundai coupé > Rover 25 > MG ZR > Peugeot 307CC > 207 > 207CC > Citroen DS3 Sport+

Comment

Originally posted by dbrewood View Post
          Okay I googled and found a picture. Looks like the wheel may have to be removed to give you room to get the self tappers screwed in?
          I removed my wheel, just makes it easier to move around. Not difficult at all.

" THP DSport "
          Forge Induction Kit + Spax Coilovers + Custom Camo Roof and Mirror Wrap
          Full Milltek Decat System and SPTuning Stage 2 Remap
          :cool:

Comment

Hmm okay back to considering
            Daron Brewood

CEO smartphonegurus.com
            Cars:

Comment

Did you fit the Forge valve yourself? How easy/hard it is and what sort of tools do you need? Thinking of getting one.
              May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
              October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
              Instagram @adamds3

Comment

its just 3 allen key bolts mate

Comment

Not Torx?
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by DS3RACING96 View Post
                    its just 3 allen key bolts mate
                    Confirmed.
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I'm sure I've seen your car before in Winslow, bucks was it you?

Sent from my iPad 2 using TapaTalk

Comment

Originally posted by T0rres 92 View Post
                        I'm sure I've seen your car before in Winslow, bucks was it you?
                        Yeah my buddy lives in Winslow so i am there from time to time.

Do you live in Winslow then?

" THP DSport "

Comment

So how you find your lowered springs affect the handling Connor? or did I miss a post elsewhere
                          Is it loads better than OEM, or just a bit better?
                          Your motors coming along Champion- like to have seen it at FCS. But key-sera
                          What BHP and torque you got too?
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

It handles amazing, I always find french suspension (even if it is a sports model) soft, so i did find the handling better. In the pictures is was a little, dare i say it, "too" low. When i took a corner fast my mud guards would scrape on the road :O. So now with it a little higher it is much better.

My ride is VERY VERY hard, (not exaggerated), so perhaps don't go for Spax :P.

I am going to do my write up about exhaust and remap now so sit tight ahaha.

Are you not coming FCS?

" THP DSport "

Comment

No- cant- family stuff
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

SP Tuning Visit

Right, long overdue write up on my visit to SP Tuning.

Arrived 5th July on a sunny friday afternoon (was a very hot day!).

Left the car with Jamie for a few hours whilst my mate and i headed in the wonders that is Leicester City Centre.

After exhausting our options (do you like the pun?) we headed back to check the progress on my new Full System De-Cat Milltek.

It was on!

It wasn't sitting quite right at the back (it's just a tad low) but i think it still looks good!

Then it was time for the DYNO!

With the Exhaust on; the BHP was 163.9 with about 222 Lbs of Torque.

Then after Jamie worked his Magic....... 206.6 BHP with just shy of 280 lbs of Torque. :O

Skip to around 45 seconds to hear the car.

Overall a great visit and top bloke, highly recommend Jamie like many others on the forum!

The car is like a different beast and i still have a massive grin when i put my foot down. (probably why i haven't got around to writing this post sooner ahaha!)

" THP DSport "

Comment

Working...
                                X