No announcement yet.

Connor's DS3 THP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound nice and looks sweet! did you receive them parts okay? been waiting to see if you had done an update on this thread since. Was the Cupra splitter for the DS3?
    :ds3:The Parts Advisor:ds3:
    Partsworld-UK.com
    Email
    Call: 01246 268896
    We're also dealers for Alfa, Fiat, Abarth, Hyundai, Seat, Suzuki and Volvo
    *Please take a minute to write a quick review under your items on Partsworld-UK.com and also on Facebook*

Comment

Cracking Connor- you certainly are going for it
      Beats me (For the mo LOL)
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

I'm getting the Splitter Wrapped in the same camo as my roof. Thought it might look cool .

its going to be an absolute pain to fit though . But gonna give it a go Friday night before the show!

Wish me luck ahaha.

What do you mean *for the mo* Chris... have you got some cheeky mods in mind ahaha?

" THP DSport "
        Forge Induction Kit + Spax Coilovers + Custom Camo Roof and Mirror Wrap
        Full Milltek Decat System and SPTuning Stage 2 Remap
        :cool:

Comment

I'd like to look at the splitter if you get it fitted Connor
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah i know what you mean, we've had some customers trying to fit them to various models (having to cut them down, heating and bending it in to shape)think they managed to fit them with some self tappet screws. Will look awesome camo wrapped though!

(Good Luck!)
            :ds3:The Parts Advisor:ds3:
            Partsworld-UK.com
            Email
            Call: 01246 268896
            We're also dealers for Alfa, Fiat, Abarth, Hyundai, Seat, Suzuki and Volvo
            *Please take a minute to write a quick review under your items on Partsworld-UK.com and also on Facebook*

Comment

Cupra splitter is easy to mount on the DS3 you will see. Only took 1/2 hour or so for mine.
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Is this the splitter your fitted cyclone ? http://www.partsworld-uk.com/product...ra_R_1ML805903
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Connor View Post
                  I'm getting the Splitter Wrapped in the same camo as my roof. Thought it might look cool .

its going to be an absolute pain to fit though . But gonna give it a go Friday night before the show!

Wish me luck ahaha.

What do you mean *for the mo* Chris... have you got some cheeky mods in mind ahaha?
                  Yes- have lots of plans but gonna get a few miles on the clock, and let the warranty run for a while
                  So pretty much only visuals at the moment, or easily removable ones- till I get bored

Weighing up the Eibachs or coilovers as the next mech mod (Possibly forge induction but don't think that does much for performance so really only a visual)
                  Probably carbon vinyl roof and other bits like front grille first

Like watching yours evolve- keep up good work, and Good Luck:Joni:

Splitter shouldn't be that bad to fit surely- can get them round £30 the Leon Cupra R if youre lucky on ebay. Havent fitted one as I ground the front occasionally- say twice a year. Usually a high kerb somewhere and a splitter would just break- they ought to make the splitters out of rubber

Love the look of that WMI too- but that's a bit unique at the mo (For the DS3)
                  Last edited by Chris_Blue; 23-07-2013, 20:32.
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Try asking Davey Hawthorne over here:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/show....php?p=4053421

He should give pretty good discount on cupra splitters

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
                    Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Thanks, I'd like to see one on a DS3 first to see if it's worth the hassle, then I'll pester cyclone for fitting tips if I go ahead lol !
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                        Thanks, I'd like to see one on a DS3 first to see if it's worth the hassle,
                        You say that like it hasn't been done ? lol

Comment

Oh I know it has, several times but I've never actually seen it in person Zack....
                          sigpic

Comment

TADAAARRRR!

My buddy under the car. Finishing taking off "his" side. (bit of team work was involved yesterday evening ahaha!)

Then with it on.

I'm going to see if they can camo wrap it this friday, when they are re doing a side of my roof .

" THP DSport "
                            Forge Induction Kit + Spax Coilovers + Custom Camo Roof and Mirror Wrap
                            Full Milltek Decat System and SPTuning Stage 2 Remap
                            :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                              Is this the splitter your fitted cyclone ? http://www.partsworld-uk.com/product...ra_R_1ML805903
                              Yes think that's the one. I trimmed the bumps flat on the mounting tabs on the spoiler where it would contact the DS3 bumper. Then just screwed it on starting at the center working out to each wheel. Finally trimming the ends flush (only a couple of centimeters each side) the splitter actually gives you MORE ground clearance than the original DS3 part.

Did I not lie Conner easy to do
                              Originally posted by cyclone
                              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                              Originally posted by Broda
                              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Thanks both, it looks good and the fitting tips are appreciated too....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X