No announcement yet.

Show - Wings & Wheels - Sunday 27th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no Mark! Give me a nudge later on Facebook and I can send you your ticket money back over

Unless you want to come and we can roll you around the show ground?

Ticket Deadline is the 12th for anyone else thinking of attending!
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Deadline - 12th of August

So if you fancy it, there is still time!

You are allowed four discounted tickets per car including the driver. The costs for tickets are as follows:

Wheels Zone Adult Day - £15
      Wheels Zone Child Day - £5

Ticket money can be sent to: shows@ds3club.co.uk and PM me with your name, address and confirm how many of each ticket your money is for

Please send your total ticket cost as a friend to avoid fee's
      My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

STRIKEMASTER TURBO JET CONFIRMED AT WINGS & WHEELS
        The impressive Strikemaster is the latest *NEW* addition to the Wings & Wheels airshow line-up on Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th August at Dunsfold Aerodrome, Surrey.

Flown by Canadian pilot, Mark Petrie, this is the first time the light ground attack export version of the Jet Provost will be demonstrating at Wings & Wheels. The Strikemaster’s engine produces 3500lbs of thrust and is a pure turbo jet which creates a noise our visitors won’t be able to miss!

The skilful display will show the jet’s manoeuvrability and its high performance for a straight wing aircraft. Slow manoeuvres are easily followed by large vertical manoeuvres.

Built by the British Aircraft Corporation at Warton in Lancashire, the aircraft was never operated by the RAF but was used extensively by airforces as diverse as Ecuador, Oman and New Zealand.

This aircraft flown by Mark is ex Oman Airforce. The Oman Airforce operated the aircraft successfully in the light ground attack role with notable historical events such as the Dhofar War and the famous Battle of Mirbat in 1972. The Strikemaster played a crucial role in the battle and proved to be an extremely capable aircraft.

Jamie McAllister, Event Director comments: “The Strikemaster is a most welcome addition to the Wings & Wheels air display and, with its jet engine, will definitely get our visitors sitting up and taking notice as it displays at Dunsfold Aerodrome for the first time. The team love a bit of noise and is excited to see what the Strikemaster can do.”

Pilot Mark Petrie was born in Canada, son of a Canadian Army Korean war veteran. Mark’s mum originates from Rhyl and the family moved over to North Wales when Mark was 12 where he stayed until he joined the RAF in 1978. After completing a tour on Phantom FG1s moved on to the Tornado F2 and F3. Since leaving the RAF in 1990 Mark has flown numerous civilian airliners and currently flies the Boeing 787. Mark has flown Strikemasters since 2001.
        sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
        Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
          Oh no Mark! Give me a nudge later on Facebook and I can send you your ticket money back over

Unless you want to come and we can roll you around the show ground?

Ticket Deadline is the 12th for anyone else thinking of attending!
          Thanks Joni only just saw this would appreciate it if you could . If operation had been a week earlier I'd might have been ok to come still but 4 days after op is no where near enough recovery

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
          2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
          DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Thanks Joni re wives with thanks
            2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Thanks Joni received with thanks this none editing sucks lol

Comment

Originally posted by MARK.A View Post
                Bloody typical got back from holiday last night to find letter from hospital with operation date on the Wednesday before the show so won't be fit to get around or even walk by show day . So won't be able to attend after all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Nooooooo Christine is not happy about this Martha.....
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                  Christine is not happy about this Martha.....
                  I don't even want to know!
                  My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

For the first time at Wings & Wheels the Bell UH-1 or ‘Huey’ will be displaying in the five-hour Airshow on Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th August

One of the most famous helicopters in the world, it is to helicopters what the Spitfire and the P51 Mustang are to fixed wing aircraft. The Huey’s most famous role will be remembered as the Air Assault and Medivac operations in the Vietnam War between 1962 and 1975. They flew 36,145,000 sorties during the conflict. Somewhere in the region of 2,600 Hueys were based in Vietnam.

The Hughes OH-6A was designed for use as a military scout during the Vietnam war to meet the US Army’s need for an extremely manoeuvrable light observation helicopter.

The helicopter on display at Wings & Wheels is a genuine Vietnam veteran and the first time this magnificent helicopter will display at Dunsfold.

Jamie McAllister, Event Director comments: “Helicopters are without doubt incredibly popular at Wings & Wheels and so we are all delighted to be adding the world famous ‘Huey’ to our five-hour Airshow. Another first for our line-up and will definitely be a hit with our visitors.”
                    My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

I have booked the brand new Addlestone Premier Inn for the Saturday night:
                      http://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hote...=true&BRAND=PI
                      Currently only £44 for the night, it's just off the M25 and only 24 miles from the show.
                      sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
                      Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

I have booked 'home' for that night and all the others Currently only £0.00, a nice country road blast to Dunsfold and only 30 miles from the show
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                          I have booked 'home' for that night and all the others Currently only £0.00, a nice country road blast to Dunsfold and only 30 miles from the show
                          Same! But about 50-60 miles for me.
                          ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                          Join the Facebook Group!
                          Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by Soran View Post
                            I have booked the brand new Addlestone Premier Inn for the Saturday night:
                            http://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hote...=true&BRAND=PI
                            Currently only £44 for the night, it's just off the M25 and only 24 miles from the show.
                            Woohoo, thanks for the link £48 today!

And it has a restaurant on site for catching up after the show.

There's a Tesco Extra just over the way - KT15 2AS, Handy for supplies the day before (won't be open on the Sunday when we are up)

Could have this as meet point 1 before the Village Hall?
                            My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                              Could have this as meet point 1 before the Village Hall?
                              Sounds good to me.
                              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

**Ticket deadline 12th August!**
                                You are allowed four discounted tickets per car including the driver. The costs for tickets are as follows:
                                Wheels Zone Adult Day - £15
                                Wheels Zone Child Day - £5
                                Ticket money to be sent via PayPal to: shows@ds3club.co.uk and with your name, address and confirm how many of each ticket your money is for.
                                Please send your total ticket cost as a friend to avoid fee's
                                This must be done via the club to secure a place on the stand!
                                My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Working...
                                X