Show - Wings & Wheels - Sunday 27th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All orders placed

We could probably get another 4 cars on if you wanted to come! I can place the order tomorrow at 3pm, so ticket money will need to be with me by then! Don't miss out!
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
      All orders placed

We could probably get another 4 cars on if you wanted to come! I can place the order tomorrow at 3pm, so ticket money will need to be with me by then! Don't miss out!
      Wooooo!

Come on people! Join us!
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Oh, and I'll wait until this deadline has passed before posting out Just so we know final numbers and I can get a rough parking plan sent out with them AND pull together some info re meet points and times to get put in to a letter so you have all the info you should need.
        My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
          Sounds good to me.
          Don't forget our pre-show drive
          sigpic

Comment

At least this time if I'm first to arrive again I'll recognise everyone else!
            ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
            Join the Facebook Group!
            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Tigers Parachute Team will be dropping in at Wings & Wheels

With smoke trailing, flags flying, performing amazing formations both in the air and under the parachute, The Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment's Parachute display team - "The Tigers" – will be dropping into Wings & Wheels on Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th August at Dunsfold Aerodrome near Guildford, Surrey.
              The Tigers are one of the most exciting air spectacles our visitors will enjoy over the weekend and, following a salute to the airshow team, visitors to Wings & Wheels can interact with The Tigers as they venture into the main Arena and perform a parachute packing demonstration. They will also be available to chat and sign programmes from the shows official merchandise stand.

Jamie McAllister, Event Director comments: “The Tigers are a fantastic interactive display at Wings & Wheels. They drop into the arena in spectacular style before spending time meeting and greeting our visitors. They are a great addition to the Show and we are looking forward to saluting their arrival.”

The Tigers are the flagship team for the Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment, whose seniority stems from the Tangier Regiment of 1661 thus having the distinction of being the senior English Infantry Regiment of the line. Soldiers of the Regiment are recruited from Kent, Surrey, Sussex, London, Hampshire, Isle of Wight and the Channel Islands. Members of The Tigers consist of volunteers from various battalions of the regiment.

*New* Gyrocopter display will get up close and personal at Wings & Wheels

A new fun, exciting and exhilarating Gyrocopter display is coming to Wings & Wheels for the first time on Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th August. Displaying the aircraft’s capabilities, pilot Peter Davies, is all about taking his Gryocopter show up close and personal to the crowd line.
              This quirky aircraft looks a little like a flying windmill or even a rotating parachute. The rotor blades of the gyro are completely free wheeling in flight, being driven solely by the air going up through the rotor disk. There is no mechanical drive to the rotors in flight, the phenomenon of autorotation drives them, once airborne the rotors just look after themselves and keep spinning, even if the airspeed indicator is showing zero. Stop the engine and the aircraft slows and descends, the air still flows through the disk and keeps it turning, even when flying sideways or even backwards.

As the rest of the aircraft is hanging from the rotor it acts like a pendulum giving the gyrocopter natural stability, the rotors (wings) are flying through the air at 350mph so turbulent unstable air and wind gusts are ‘sampled’, this make the gyroplane much more stable than most other aircraft and capable of flying in conditions others won’t.

Jamie McAllister, Event Director comments: “It’s fast, quirky and we are delighted to have the Gyrocopter displaying at this year’s Wings & Wheels. It’s the first time the aircraft has displayed at the show and we are sure it’s going to be a family favourite.”

4 Spots left!:
              **Ticket deadline TODAY!!!!!!!**
              You are allowed four discounted tickets per car including the driver. The costs for tickets are as follows:
              Wheels Zone Adult Day - £15
              Wheels Zone Child Day - £5
              Ticket money to be sent via PayPal to: shows@ds3club.co.uk and with your name, address and confirm how many of each ticket your money is for.
              Please send your total ticket cost as a friend to avoid fee's
              This must be done via the club to secure a place on the stand!
              My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

2017 meet points

Meet 1
                Tesco Extra
                117 Station Rd, Addlestone KT15 2AS
                Leave at 06:30am
                This will be closed when we meet, so please ensure if you need supplies, you have them
                3 mins from here is a Shell - Chertsey Rd, Addlestone KT15 2ED

Convoyyyy!!

There is a town we go through with some gnarly traffic lights, but don't panic if we get split up, the leaders know a spot ahead to wait for you to catch up. And we are all going to the same place, so if you do get separated from the pack, there's no panic

Meet 2
                Village hall
                Meet at 07:15 to leave at 07:30
                Alfold Village Hall, near Alfold Crossroads, GU6 8HY .
                Take the left turn opposite Alfold Mower Centre (just past the red postbox) about 1/2 mile before destination.
                Its a weird turn, you take a right, then a left lane then it's right there!! There will probably be someone waving on the corner

Wings & Wheels
                Arrive 07:40ish at Dunsfold Aerodrome.
                Alfold, GU6 8HY.

If you're coming, you can meet us at Tesco's or at the village hall, depending on where you're staying and which direction you're driving from. OR even at the venue, but please ensure you are with us by 9am. We are pitch number 196, but we don't have a map, so if you do arrive separately please ask the stewards to help.

Suggested things to take
                • Camping chairs
                • Snacks and drinks - the food is really good here. But always a good idea to take something you can snack on and water that's not over £1 for a small bottle.
                • Sun Cream/Waterproofs - It's a British Bank Holiday weekend after all!
                • Warm clothes! It can get chilly watch the airshow and its very open flat area so there isn't much shelter
                • Charging cables/packs

We are doing the Festival theme, so anything bright and colourful would be awesome!

I'll be taking the shelter, stand decorations, stickers etc etc.

Don't forget your tickets and car pass!
                My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Edit to come - best post code for the village hall is GU6 8HF - this is the mower place opposite. I'll be including a map with the letter
                  My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Yes - can't wait
                    sigpic

Comment

• looks fab show- may well try get along myself. Public car park obvs ;-)
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

• It's been my favourite show for entertainment purposes for the past few years Chris, others like Trax are better for car stands and sellers but this one wins hands down on stuff to see when you include the arena displays.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Not long to go! Does everyone have all the info they need and tickets etc?
                          My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

• Originally posted by WTF
                            Not long to go! Does everyone have all the info they need and tickets etc?
                            Exciting! We have our tickets, thanks!
                            - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

• Yep got tickets earlier in the week
                              ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                              Join the Facebook Group!
                              Join the Discord Server!

Comment

• Yep mine turned up earlier this week also

Thanks Joni
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...