Show - Wheels and Wings - 29th & 30th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show - Wheels and Wings - 29th & 30th August

Last year was amazing! Thank you to Wes for finding this show!!

We won second place with our Tea Party Theme!!
    Photo's here

We have been accepted for this years show!

Details:

Firmly established as one of the UK’s most popular family days out, Dunsfold Wings & Wheels will be returning to the historic setting of Dunsfold Aerodrome (home of BBC’s Top Gear), Guildford, Surrey on Saturday 29th & Sunday 30th August 2015 for its eleventh successive year. Wowing crowds of over 40,000 in 2014, the Show had an outstanding variety of dynamic aviation and motoring displays, iconic cars, shopping and arena attractions.

Visitors to Dunsfold Aerodrome are treated to breathtaking 5 hour air displays which have previously included favourites; The Red Arrows, BBMF, The Blades, Team Breitling Wingwalkers and the Avro Vulcan, accompanied by witty and knowledgeable commentary from aviation experts and display pilots. The 'Wings' of the event would not be complete without a close-up inspection of all the weekend's visiting aircraft and Dunsfold's resident Boeing 747 in the 'Wings Park' (open for tours).

You don't need to be a petrolhead to delight in the 'Wheels' of the show. Supercars and classic and vintage icons put on an awe-inspiring display of power and speed on the Top Gear track in a 2 hour auto spectacular from Brooklands Museum. The Wheels Zone features interactive displays from clubs and a crowd line parade whilst the Stunt Zone squeals with the sound of two and four wheeled hair-raising performances.

The Military Zone & Parade adds some classic nostalgia as the regal Military Vehicles complete a cavalcade for spectators before taking their place in the Zone's living history and re-enactment displays including live battles.

The 32 acre public arena is bursting with a huge variety of interactive attractions containing all you need for a great family day out. The show arena also boasts laser quest, paintballing, kit-plane demonstrations, aviation and motoring simulators, military outlets and displays, static aircraft, fairground, emergency services demonstration and over 80 retail outlets selling a wide variety of products and gifts.

As the last plane touches down the party starts across the arena with a mix of musical evening entertainment. Swing, big band and jazz takes over the Military Zone, in the Wheels Zone is a mix of Rock n Roll, Doowop and Rockabilly and finally, taking centre stage in the middle of the Arena, is a covers band with something for everyone.

Taking the hassle out of your day the show includes over 25 fixed-price catering outlets, 2 bars, hospitality facilities, free on-site parking, public camping, lost children point, disabled access, cash point, informative show commentary, meet the pilots, official show merchandise and grandstand seating.

So, whether a wide-eyed first timer, a seasoned veteran, aviation buff or motoring enthusiast the Wings & Wheels experience will leave you breathless!

This is a two day event.

Those staying over stayed here:
    Travel Lodge Fleet Hotel
    GU51 2SH

Has a Harvester, a garage and a jet wash - what more do you need?!

Thanks to Beefmasta's planning, we met here:

Hotel
    05:45 meeting. Leave at 06:00.
    Travelodge Fleet, GU51 2SH

or

Tesco
    06:15 meeting. Leave at 06:30.
    Tesco Extra Horsham, RH12 3YU
    lfcrule1972
    ds'pinky'3

Then met at:

06:45 to leave ASAP.
    Alfold Village Hall, near Alfold Crossroads, GU6 8HY .
    Take the left turn opposite Alfold Mower Centre (just past the red postbox) about 1/2 mile before destination.

07:00 arrival at Dunsfold (Wings & Wheels).
    Alfold, GU6 8HY.

So I think both hotels and meet points will apply this year?

You can buy your own tickets this year via this link: HERE as always, club name to enter is DS3Club

We will be limiting the stand to 20 cars each day, so if you buy tickets, please update this thread so know 100% that one/two of the 40 spaces has been allocated.

We will be doing the theme again this year, even if just to watch children request photo's with Wes! But you do not have to dress up! Just bring cakes! Maybe this year we can raise funds for a charity? I'll ask the organisers.

Who is up for going?

Saturday - 20 spots
    WTF & Dangeroufish
    Wes

Sunday - 20 spots
    WTF & Dangeroufish
    Wes

Day Pass
    Early Bird Wheels Zone Adult (available until 31.3.15)£13.50
    Early Bird Wheels Zone Child (available until 31.3.15)£4.50
    Wheels Zone Adult £15.00
    Wheels Zone Child (5-15 years) £5.00

Weekend Pass
    Early Bird Wheels Zone Adult (available until 31.3.15) £24.30
    Early Bird Wheels Zone Child (available until 31.3.15) £6.75
    Wheels Zone Adult £27.00
    Wheels Zone Child (5-15 years) £7.50

Under 5's FREE
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Don't even need to think about it. I'll 100% be there
    DS3 Evo Edition
    Sport Red
    E8 DRY

Checkout my Build Thread: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....s-Build-Thread
    Scottish Meet Part 2: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....sh-Meet-Part-2

Comment

I'm a definite. We have a limit on the numbers for this though so first 20 cars only then a reserve list.
      Wheel Zone tickets are currently about £25 for the weekend which is crazy cheap.
      Also confirmed for the air display is a spitfire vs euro fighter display!!!
      2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

Also a definite for me! This was a great show, for both cars and aircraft. Also really good for photographers as loads of different photo ops here.

This is the Fleet Travelodge website:
        http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/460/Fleet-hotel

Saver price is currently pretty good, £39 for Friday & £41 for Saturday.
        sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
        Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

Definitely in for both days! Loved it last year!

Comment

Originally posted by mk2k41 View Post
            Definitely in for both days! Loved it last year!
            Stripy times ahead then!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Soran View Post
              Stripy times ahead then!
              We need a different theme for this year!

Comment

I dunno. I think we should expand the tea party!

Comment

Other themes, Onesy tea party, Star wars, Lego, etc.

Comment

Would be more expensive to do another theme. And I have so much from last year we can build on.
                    My DS3R3... nearly....
                    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Same here. If we elaborate then we could build it in to something visitors know us for and will seek us out especially.

Comment

Show - Wheels and Wings - 29th & 30th August

Yeah I'm in for both days please please.
                        Don't we get a special discount.? For being there last year
                        Last edited by MARK.A; 17-03-2015, 21:04.
                        http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
                        2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
                        DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Originally posted by mark.a-ds3 View Post
                          Yeah I'm in for both days please please.
                          Don't we get a special discount.? For being there last year
                          I reckon this would suit you mate!
                          sigpic

Comment

Lol yeah why not have you and the other mark still got your costumes
                            2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Anybody got there tickets yet or booked hotel

Comment

Working...
                              X